CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

URGENT: HOW CAN ONE USE NERO TO RECORD FILENAMES HAVING GREEK CHARACTERS?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1254 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> URGENT: HOW CAN ONE USE NERO TO RECORD FILENAMES HAVING GREEK CHARACTERS? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
URGENT: HOW CAN ONE USE NERO TO RECORD FILENAMES HAVING... - 1/28/2005 2:40:14 PM   
Dimitris32

Hello to all in the forum,

my question is about Nero - how can one record files whose filenames are in Greek Polytonic characters? Whenever I try it with Nero, it records the files but truncates the filenames into non-sense numbers and symbols... Any suggestions from the experts out there?

< Message edited by Dimitris32 -- 1/29/2005 12:07:32 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: URGENT: HOW CAN ONE USE NERO TO RECORD FILENAMES HA... - 1/30/2005 7:42:23 AM   
Iggy

I don't think you can use greek characters. Better use the latinic with the greek words.

Btw welcome to CDRinfo's Forum!

(in reply to Dimitris32)
Post #: 2
RE: URGENT: HOW CAN ONE USE NERO TO RECORD FILENAMES HA... - 1/30/2005 10:13:02 AM   
SithTracy

It's been a long time since I used it and I offer no real proof, but I seem to recall Padus DiscJuggler had more options for naming files on a disc. Download the demo and report back.

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 3
RE: URGENT: HOW CAN ONE USE NERO TO RECORD FILENAMES HA... - 1/30/2005 1:20:11 PM   
Dimitris32

Thanks for the welcome Iggy! However, I used to be a member for several years (with the name Dimitris), but could not find my registration details and re-registered...

SithTracy, I am downloading it now... as soon as I use it I'll let you know if it worked.... BTW, do you know what settings I would be looking to change?

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 4
RE: URGENT: HOW CAN ONE USE NERO TO RECORD FILENAMES HA... - 1/30/2005 1:53:18 PM   
SithTracy

Been too long since I used it... Have been happy with Nero & CDRWIN for so long that I haven't got it installed anymore... Plus my version is quite dated.

Perhaps someone elso on the list can help... I know it supported the Romeo file system.

(in reply to Dimitris32)
Post #: 5
RE: URGENT: HOW CAN ONE USE NERO TO RECORD FILENAMES HA... - 1/31/2005 8:35:21 AM   
Dimitris32

I tried with no luck.... it didn't seem to give me an option to compile my own CD... I gather it's only for CD-to-CD copying, not for creating compilations...

cheers, anyway...

Dimitris

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 6
RE: URGENT: HOW CAN ONE USE NERO TO RECORD FILENAMES HA... - 2/1/2005 3:28:25 AM   
emperor

Try to burn with Joiliet format and 64 characters, Nero has some limitation with such "difficult" names

(in reply to Dimitris32)
Post #: 7
RE: URGENT: HOW CAN ONE USE NERO TO RECORD FILENAMES HA... - 2/1/2005 5:16:22 AM   
Dimitris32

Hi Emperor, and thanks for the advice, but unfortunately it doesn't work...

Whoever wishes to try it for themselves, you can copy the word below, which is written in Greek polytonic characters:

Ελλάδα

(which, for those of you who do not speak Greek, means Hellas).

You can copy and paste this name to a file/directory, then start Nero and try to put the file into a compilation, and see whether it recognises these characters... I have not had any luck so far...

Thanks in advance,

Dimitris

< Message edited by Dimitris32 -- 2/1/2005 5:24:21 AM >

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 8
RE: URGENT: HOW CAN ONE USE NERO TO RECORD FILENAMES HA... - 2/1/2005 5:41:36 AM   
SithTracy

Padus does give you the ability to create cd's... I'll get an update and try to remember how.

My question... what key strokes generated those charachters? I suppose ALT+???? (?= numbers).

(in reply to Dimitris32)
Post #: 9
RE: URGENT: HOW CAN ONE USE NERO TO RECORD FILENAMES HA... - 2/1/2005 6:03:17 AM   
Dimitris32

Hi SithTracy,

in order to be able to type these characters, I typically have to go to:

Control Panel>Regional and Language Options>Languages>Details

and then add Greek Polytonic (not just Greek) as a language. From then on, I have to press ALT + SHIFT to alternate between the English and Greek language characters...

cheers,

Dimitris

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 10
RE: URGENT: HOW CAN ONE USE NERO TO RECORD FILENAMES HA... - 2/1/2005 5:41:04 PM   
emperor

Dimitris32, how about using the latest Nero version, i made a CD complilation with Greek Titles very easily and were recognizeable from the system, just use the ISO+Joliet system (Default)

(in reply to Dimitris32)
Post #: 11
RE: URGENT: HOW CAN ONE USE NERO TO RECORD FILENAMES HA... - 2/1/2005 6:00:12 PM   
Dimitris32

I was not aware of that... did you use Greek polytonic characters or just Greek?

The Nero version I was using is 6.3.1.25 ....

I'll download the newest version, anyway, and I'll let you know if it works...

I hope it works... (it will save me from renaming a lot of files in Greeklish..)

Thanks anyway,

Dimitris

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 12
RE: URGENT: HOW CAN ONE USE NERO TO RECORD FILENAMES HA... - 2/2/2005 6:12:30 PM   
emperor

Well i used the words "Ελλάδα Έιναι Μεγάλη.mpg" and worked just fine

(in reply to Dimitris32)
Post #: 13
RE: URGENT: HOW CAN ONE USE NERO TO RECORD FILENAMES HA... - 2/8/2005 11:26:47 AM   
Dimitris32

Emperor, I installed the latest Nero, tried all different combinations (with Joliet, etc) but it still does not work... I even tried to name a file with the Greek title you gave me, but inside Nero the file's name cannot be read, or recorded, properly (it gives me non-sense characters)... Now you say, it worked for you... that's quite strange... did you manage to record that file onto a CD and then the file name appeared properly?

< Message edited by Dimitris32 -- 2/8/2005 11:28:12 AM >

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 14
RE: URGENT: HOW CAN ONE USE NERO TO RECORD FILENAMES HA... - 2/9/2005 3:08:49 PM   
emperor

Ok another try, head over to File->Preferences->Font->Script->Greek

(in reply to Dimitris32)
Post #: 15
RE: URGENT: HOW CAN ONE USE NERO TO RECORD FILENAMES HA... - 2/9/2005 3:57:16 PM   
Dimitris32

I just tried it with different fonts (Arial, Times, etc.), but inside Nero the Greek filenames are not recognised... Do you think it might have to do something with the language? Should I download from somewhere the Greek language pack or that is only for Nero's menus, etc. and therefore not useful?

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> URGENT: HOW CAN ONE USE NERO TO RECORD FILENAMES HAVING GREEK CHARACTERS? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI