CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Upgrading the ND-6450A   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1713 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> NEC >> RE: Upgrading the ND-6450A Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Upgrading the ND-6450A - 3/14/2006 2:08:51 PM   
faith

I have a hp laptop with the ND-6450A 2.23. When I try to flash the new firmware as indicated using binFlash a have an error message "firmware is for a different drive". But with -scan I see that my 6450A is supported

Can you help me ?

Thanks

f

(in reply to Alvin)
Post #: 65
RE: Upgrading the ND-6450A - 3/19/2006 8:11:20 AM   
Cavallo Goloso

quote:

ORIGINAL: faith

I have a hp laptop with the ND-6450A 2.23. When I try to flash the new firmware as indicated using binFlash a have an error message "firmware is for a different drive". But with -scan I see that my 6450A is supported

My problem (with a hp laptop with the ND-6450A but with firmware version 2.36) is that when i try to upgrade the flash to 6500 wiht necflash i receive this message:
----------------------
Identified drive: 3
Detected drive from Firmware: 3

Probably mixing up master and slave firmware.
----------------------

The problem is the same with Linux and Windows.
I have read some messages where the same problem is described, and i also read that someone has resolved it, but (probably for my poor, poor english?) i have not understood the way. Is there effectively a solution? Can you help me?
Thanks a lot
Cavallo Goloso

(in reply to faith)
Post #: 66
RE: Upgrading the ND-6450A - 4/5/2006 2:45:44 PM   
adown

I've had the same problem with my HP zv5460. I hope someone reads this to help us out. I just pm'd emperor, I hope he can help. After all he is the emperor.

(in reply to Cavallo Goloso)
Post #: 67
RE: Upgrading the ND-6450A - 4/6/2006 3:56:48 PM   
adown

faith and cavallo, I too had that same problem. I went to  http://tdb.rpc1.org  scroll to the bottom of the page and find nec 6500 windows version. 2.23TDB Windows Version is how it reads. Download it unzip it and run and reboot. Thats how easy it was. Windows started found new hardware, I put in a DL disk, it recognized a BLANK DL disc and am now in the process of burning my 6.5gb vacation to DL. Good Luck

(in reply to adown)
Post #: 68
RE: Upgrading the ND-6450A - 4/6/2006 4:50:19 PM   
faith

Hi, adown
thanks for your help.
I have a bigger problem then the DL burning: I can't burn DVD - + R but only DVD - + RW and CD. It's quite strange...isn't it?
The errror message I have form Nero 7 is: "Power calibration error", I tryed with other supports(TDK, Philips, Verbatim) and software but still doesn't work.
I thought that a firmware upgrade could solve the problem, so I've just tried with the tool you tell me. I flashed the original firmware for
my NEC ND-6450A.
When the system restarted Windows didn't find new hardware and the drive seems to work as previously (doesn't burn DVD -+R).
Should I try with
NEC ND-6500A? if so what kind of the versions I find in http://tdb.rpc1.org/#ND6450A should I use?

Many Thanks

faith

(in reply to adown)
Post #: 69
RE: Upgrading the ND-6450A - 4/6/2006 10:27:03 PM   
adown

Read back through the previous posts from the begining. This sounds like it might be a bitsetting problem. You flashed 6450 firmware thats why windows didn't find new hardware. Its the same thing you already had. The 6500 firmware MAY fix this problem, Im not for sure though. I'm not a computer whiz, I just found this worked for me and wanted to pass it on. If it doesnt work you can flash back to 6450(unless something goes drastically wrong). Good Luck, adown

(in reply to faith)
Post #: 70
RE: Upgrading the ND-6450A - 4/14/2006 4:48:54 PM   
nellso

hello to everyone

first of all let me thank you for the nice forum tht runs here its very usefull

now my problem:
I have a _nec 6450a that I have flashed to a _nec 6500a
the flashing process run well no problems occured...

but now when I burn a mmore DVD-R with nero 6 ultra edition it burns only at 2X in spite of the medi library in the firmware says that I can burn at 4X in this media ID (saw with  necdump)
the burn  process goes well and the software tells that its was burned successfully, but when I put the dvd back in drive to read the files (divx) it apears like a empty CD and windows ask what I want to do whit the disk

I have other discs from this pack of 10 DVD's by mmore burned before the flashing and sometimes only sometimes the drive shows it like empty discs
(mmore) ID MBI01RG20
with other make (diferent ID's) the drive reads ok

I don't tried burned other type yet nor Dual Layer media because here in Portugal the price is about 20€ more or less 20 US dollars

if someone have the same problem solved let me know

best regards

sorry bad english

(in reply to adown)
Post #: 71
RE: Upgrading the ND-6450A - 4/26/2006 6:37:50 PM   
rianne

Hi everyone
Need some help here.

I have a Compaq Presario R3000 that came with a NEC 6450A.
After reading this topic, I flashed the firmware to 6500 (using Liggy and Dee's 2.24 version) and also changed the booktype.
But now still I cannot write DVD+R DL.... I have the expensive Verbatims, which are supposed to be the best.

CopytoDvD and Nero 6 both give error messages on the discs. I've tried other brands as well (Ridata and Traxdata) None of them work.
Can anybody help me figure this out?

Thanks!

(in reply to nellso)
Post #: 72
RE: Upgrading the ND-6450A - 5/24/2006 4:30:08 AM   
faith

quote:

ORIGINAL: faith

Hi, adown
thanks for your help.
I have a bigger problem then the DL burning: I can't burn DVD - + R but only DVD - + RW and CD. It's quite strange...isn't it?
The errror message I have form Nero 7 is: "Power calibration error", I tryed with other supports(TDK, Philips, Verbatim) and software but still doesn't work.
I thought that a firmware upgrade could solve the problem, so I've just tried with the tool you tell me. I flashed the original firmware for
my NEC ND-6450A.
When the system restarted Windows didn't find new hardware and the drive seems to work as previously (doesn't burn DVD -+R).
Should I try with
NEC ND-6500A? if so what kind of the versions I find in http://tdb.rpc1.org/#ND6450A should I use?

Many Thanks

faith

I've just flashed my NEC ND-6450A with the new firmware NEC ND-6500A (using Liggy and Dee's 2.23 version).

Everything ran smoothly as expected. Now I can write DVD + - and  DL with 2.23 on the 6450 turned 6500.

(in reply to faith)
Post #: 73
RE: Upgrading the ND-6450A - 5/30/2006 9:23:03 AM   
Raffaz

Thanks to denied for the excellent post, upgrade worked a treat, now running 2.24 with no probs. Cheers mate

Mick

(in reply to faith)
Post #: 74
RE: Upgrading the ND-6450A - 6/7/2006 11:51:29 AM   
hyx

I have a HP laptop computer with NEC ND 6450A , I want to upgrad to ND 6500a also, how to upgrad? where can I get the firmware for upgrading ?
thank you for your reply and help!!

(in reply to denied)
Post #: 75
RE: Upgrading the ND-6450A - 6/19/2006 5:11:59 AM   
benito

Hi; I'm tired to try upgrade my NEC ND-6450A in my laptop Compaq Presario R3375EA (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?lc=en&lang=en&cc=es&dlc=en&product=445690&os=228).
When I contact with HP; they say me this:  "We do not have a specific r elease date for this, however, they should be available for download as soon as possible .Please keep frequently visiting the following web site to check the availability: http://www.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html  [....]   In this situation I recommend you wait for the update or contact the manufacturer NEC for further assistance or buy a new drive which is compatible to use the DVD-R at 16 X."  

Then I'm writting a e-mail to NEC; and this is he's answer: "Please contact your system builder for the latest firmware updates. The ND-6450A is an OEM drive manufactured specifically for system builders. The firmware for this drive is supplied by the system builder and not NEC." 

Also I try found the solution in this forum,  but I'm dowloaded so many firmwares, flashers adn utilities; but I still with my problem; I can't use my DVD-R 16X (Philips).

When I try this: necflash -scan  , this is the result:

Binflash - NEC version - (C) by Herrie and Liggy
Visit
http://binflash.cdfreaks.com - http://www.herrie.org
List of supported devices:
No supported devices found
Thefore when I try upload any firmware file (i.e.: necflash -flash -v -s 458_orig.bin e:), the result it's:

Binflash - NEC version - (C) by Herrie and Liggy
Visit
http://binflash.cdfreaks.com - http://www.herrie.org
Identified drive: 3
Detected drive from Firmware: 3

Probably mixing up master and slave firmware.
This is very likely to DAMAGE your drive or make it INACCESSIBLE!
It is not allowed to continue here. If you really think you have to and know what you are doing, please ask for a personal Binflash build
ID from drive: 86, ID from firmware: 85
Firmware is for a different drive

Please; what I need to do more?; where it's my problem?, why I can't update this firmware?

Thank you very match for your help 

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by benito -- 6/19/2006 5:39:25 AM >

(in reply to faith)
Post #: 76
RE: Upgrading the ND-6450A - 6/23/2006 6:34:00 PM   
digisonix

I also seem to have the same problem as benito only my nec 6500a (flashed from 6450a) won't burn the dvd+r 16x. it still burns dvd-r(it was only 4x, haven't tried 16x dvd-r). Can someone please help me and tell me how to get my 6500a to burn dvd+r, in nero infotool it shows that i can burn everything including dvd+r. Thanks in advance to anyone that comes up with a solution.

also, what is meant by "power calibration error" in nero, it happens everytime i try to burn dvd+R.

< Message edited by digisonix -- 6/23/2006 7:34:31 PM >

(in reply to benito)
Post #: 77
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> NEC >> RE: Upgrading the ND-6450A Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI