CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Nero has virus   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 781 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Nero has virus Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nero has virus - 3/15/2003 5:10:09 AM   
mnadeem

HI
can any one tell me why nero says that the system has virus in it but there is non and also running anti virus programm found nothing then have to update then work fine . but next days after the windows shut down has remain the same problem[V]
Post #: 1
RE: Nero has virus - 3/15/2003 11:41:25 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Try using AVG (antivirus) by Grisoft. It has found virus's that Norton Antivirus couldn't detect on my machine (and a few of my friend's machines) before. It may have better results.

it's also free

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to mnadeem)
Post #: 2
RE: Nero has virus - 3/18/2003 12:22:50 AM   
mnadeem

Hi
thanks for information i have dload the AVG as you says its reely good he has found too many virus from my system thanks God yet is virus free. But whay my system is slow any time AVG is running it taking toomuch time , what should i do, [?]
thanks in regards

(in reply to mnadeem)
Post #: 3
RE: Nero has virus - 3/18/2003 5:53:38 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

try having it scan for viruses while you're sleeping or at work. Don't run it in the background ALL the time unless you feel you need to.

(in reply to mnadeem)
Post #: 4
RE: Nero has virus - 3/18/2003 11:39:57 PM   
mnadeem

Hi
i will try when i go sleep then see next day what happend .
but the question is that how can i stop comeing virus in my system .
that meen internet is not save , or it just a joke[}:)]

(in reply to mnadeem)
Post #: 5
RE: Nero has virus - 3/19/2003 12:36:30 AM   
MP3Mogul

If you are connected via DSL/Cable (Broadband) you need to install a Firewall. If you are on a dialup, simply install a good antivirus program such as Norton (AND REMEMBER TO UPDATE THE VIRUS DEFINITIONS AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK)

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to mnadeem)
Post #: 6
RE: Nero has virus - 3/19/2003 12:58:55 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

I'm sorry MP3 Mogul, but I have to disagree with you on one point. I can't consider Norton Antivirus to be good anymore. It has let me down on TOO many occasions! 3 time's now (personally, and more if you include my friend's computer) it has failed to locate virus's that AVG found quite easily. Also, Norton does a really poor job of fixing infected files, whereas AVG has succeeded where it has failed. There WAS a point when Norton was good, but they've really slacked off for whatever reason. Mcaffee isn't any better either [xx(]

(in reply to mnadeem)
Post #: 7
RE: Nero has virus - 3/19/2003 12:46:45 PM   
Clint

Norton 2003 Professional Edition latest definitions is very good, is that the instance of NAV you fault dolphin, or 2k2 edition [?]

(in reply to mnadeem)
Post #: 8
RE: Nero has virus - 3/19/2003 2:45:32 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

it was the 2002 edition. And no it was not my fault. Actually, ironically enough I was hit with another virus today. Since I no longer use Norton, I don't know how it would have faired, but when I did some research into the virus (TrojanHorse: IRC/Backdoor.flood) and I found this (http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/archive/usenet/microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion/2002/09/msg00201.html) account of a person who was unable to find it using Norton and had to resort to alternate software for removing the virus.
I'm sure there are other people with similar problems. As I said before, Norton has not just failed me, but also my friends. I know one person who used to swear by Norton who now will no longer touch it do to it's complete and utter failure to help him, and he also claims it damaged his system (I'm not sure HOW though). I have another friend who PURCHASED Norton anti-virus previously, but prefers to use AVG's free version because (again) it removes virus's that Norton just doesn't see.

again as I said, Norton WAS good, once. Unfortunatly I really believe they dropped the ball. Perhaps Norton 2003 is better, I haven't tried it, but they haven't given me any reason to change back to them. They lost my support when they started failing to keep up with free virus checkers.

(in reply to mnadeem)
Post #: 9
RE: Nero has virus - 3/20/2003 5:03:05 AM   
mnadeem

hi mp3mogul
What kind of firewall programm should i use Norton becouse virus programm as earlier [V] . i have dsl cable with network running

(in reply to mnadeem)
Post #: 10
RE: Nero has virus - 3/20/2003 5:22:10 AM   
dhc014

OK, Nero does not have a virus. This message appears when you try to ***** the software or when some part gets corrupted. It happened to me after an old hard drive went bad corrupting the files. Run scandisk on your harddrive and maybe uninstall and re-install nero.

Dave

(in reply to mnadeem)
Post #: 11
RE: Nero has virus - 3/20/2003 5:28:27 AM   
mnadeem

hallo
where can i found all kinds of video format for my system becouse when i try to burn film he say there is not competible video for decoding or unknown i have winxp with mmedia 9 update from microsoft and also interdvdrecoder software plus supper dvd ripper and vcdeasy also realplay and quicktime newst but still need all the format can any one help[:p]

(in reply to mnadeem)
Post #: 12
RE: Nero has virus - 3/20/2003 8:21:03 AM   
Clint

quote:
Originally posted by Dolphinius_Rex

it was the 2002 edition. And no it was not my fault.

I never said it was your fault, I said what did you 'fault' with it meaning what was your problem...

(in reply to mnadeem)
Post #: 13
RE: Nero has virus - 3/20/2003 9:22:41 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

ooops, sorry Clint, my bad [:I]

mnadeem: The best software I've known for fire-walling is Zone Alarm. It has a free version which is very good. I haven't used the Norton Firewall, but I have known people who have used it. I haven't heard any complaints against it .

Zone Alarm is VERY good if you want to be very thourough, as it will only allow access to the internet to the software that YOU specify. It also gives you the IP addresses of any pings on your ports

Unfortunatly, due to the extreme thouroughness of Zone Alarm, it can be a bit of a pain to set up initially, since you have to approve all of the software that you want to access the internet. So it depends on what your needs are.

(in reply to mnadeem)
Post #: 14
RE: Nero has virus - 3/22/2003 1:07:02 AM   
mnadeem

hallo
if i use Norton Firewall my system run as fast as before, becouse i have heard that internet going to be slow and some links will comes no more is that ture

(in reply to mnadeem)
Post #: 15
RE: Nero has virus - 3/22/2003 2:00:44 AM   
MP3Mogul

If you have a 56K Modem (as I stated above you don't need a firewall) you will notice a DRAMATIC speed decrease. However, if you are using a high speed connection, you will notice, little, if any speed reduction.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to mnadeem)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Nero has virus Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI