CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Lite-On LTR12101B - flashed until fried?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1369 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> Lite-On LTR12101B - flashed until fried? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lite-On LTR12101B - flashed until fried? - 1/21/2003 11:55:12 PM   
0850-1337

I think my LTR12101B (12x10x32) is finally dead. I bought it new for $100, and at the time it blew all those 4x and 8x drives away. It was a great drive all though its life, and except for its hate of Memorex CD-R's (the expensive ones! it just loves the cheap stuff!). It was packaged Universal BusLink started out with LS38 firmware.

It's been hooked my Mac for quite some time, working well, except for the fact that it was not iTunes compatible, and seemed to die after sleep. I heard that a firmware update could fix both these problems, so I gave it a try with the Windows util from their website.

Part way through the flash, it told me that ASPI for Windows could not be found, and failed. This wasted the BIOS. I tried this on several different machines with and without ASPI software installed, and the results were always the same.

I found the old Lite-On DOS util, pflash, and managed, using the jumper trick, to flash an LS17 firmware onto it. While it would now burn CD's, it threw errors after burning Disc-At-Once, and wouldn't read RW discs.

So, I downloaded a binary of LSRB firmware, seemingly the latest revision, and tried flashing it with that. The flash worked, but the drive didn't. I tried putting LS17 back on, but got compare errors, and the drive was once again useless.

I now got a copy of LS38 firmware, but I get compare errors again. I tried mtkflash, but that just won't work, period. Have I flashed this drive one too many times, and destroyed the flash ROM? What can I do to just get it back to its original state. I'm done messing with this thing and want my $100 investment back...

God this was a long post. Thanks for reading all of it.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> Lite-On LTR12101B - flashed until fried? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI