CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Unusual problems with copying   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 910 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Unusual problems with copying Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unusual problems with copying - 1/17/2003 7:53:52 PM   
BMR

I have the legit versions of NHL 2002 , Harry Potter 1 and 2, aquanox and Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2. I made backup copies of all five of these programs and then used the backups to install them on my system. All installations went fine and the games worked well
for the last month or so.

I then inadvetantly deleted all of the directories for saved games that these games create in the My Documents folder. Since then, the games all report a error in the exe when I try to run them and give the send microsoft a report.

I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the games using the copied cd and still get the same error. Even if I use alcohol to
make an image of the cd using the copied cd and try to reinstall, the
error in exe and send to microsoft occurs.

However, if i use alcohol and make an image using the original cd and then install the game from the alchol image, the game will then work again.

Can anyone explain this problem to me ??????
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Unusual problems with copying Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI