CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

[Deleted]   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1458 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> [Deleted] Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Deleted] - 10/5/2004 10:50:52 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]
  Post #: 1
RE: Locked Threads - 10/5/2004 11:23:49 PM   
Jito463

*sigh*

Some of us actually use Alcohol to (hint, wink, nudge) MAKE LEGITIMATE COPIES OF LEGALLY OWNED SOFTWARE.

Now, having got that out of the way, what part of the software are you having so much trouble removing that you can't take Paul up on his offer to deal with you directly to get your issue resolved? Heck, he even offered to reimburse you if necessary to have the installer for Alcohol checked for spyare/adware/trojans/etc. You can't get better service than that. Is Alcohol somehow affecting your computer? Or are you, as some suggested, just out to try and get the trial to work after it's expired? If that's the case, you do realize that all updates to Alcohol are free to licensed customers and only POSSIBLY in the case of a major upgrade will a nominal fee apply (nominal, not full price). You stated in a previous topic that Alcohol software was like a virus because it "installed software without my permission". Well, guess what buddy. You chose to install it. It didn't just magically appear on your hard drive. Any remnants left over after you uninstall it are just that, remnants. All programs - and I do mean ALL programs - that write to the registry inevitably leave SOME evidence behind. You can't get away from it. Just accept that some things are the way they are and move on.

< Message edited by Jito463 -- 10/5/2004 11:24:28 PM >

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 2
[Deleted] - 10/6/2004 12:11:29 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Jito463)
  Post #: 3
[Deleted] - 10/6/2004 12:14:38 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

Post #: 4
[Deleted] - 10/6/2004 1:59:09 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

Post #: 5
[Deleted] - 10/6/2004 10:58:18 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

Post #: 6
[Deleted] - 10/6/2004 11:09:54 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

Post #: 7
RE: Fake Endorsements - 10/7/2004 1:37:54 AM   
Jito463

I've said it before (but it got deleted) and I'll say it once more (even if it gets deleted again), all you're out for is attention. You don't care about getting this resolved, you like the attention. And now you're just being facetious.

As I said before, EVERY program that writes to the registry always leave some small piece behind. And as for that "code" that prevents you from reinstalling the trial, you will never find it. Why? Not because they use it to track your movements online (are you worried about something?), but because they only let little children like you play with their toys just so long before you have to either buy them or "give them back". So there are cracks out there. Big whoop. That's the same with any software available. But why should they make it any easier to use their software without buying it? The trial version leaves something behind that short of a format/reload you're not going to get rid of. If that upsets you, get over it. And get over yourself. Stop being such a crybaby and just accept that they won't tell you how to remove the portion of setup that prevents reinstalling it past the 30-day trial. Grow up and get a life.

quote:

And, how do I know that this unknown (what I DIDN'T find) "left-behind" code is ONLY to prevent the reinstallation. I don't know Alcohol. I don't trust Alcohol. I don't LIKE Alcohol and they have given me a LOT of reasons to both dislike them and distrust them and I want their crappy, malignant code off my computer.

If you don't trust Alcohol, why did you install their software in the first place? You made a choice. If you didn't like their policy, you shouldn't have installed it to begin with.

Finally, my sincere apologies to the moderators if they feel this post steps over the line, but it needs to be said. I would have let it go on the last post, but you felt it was out of place and I accepted your decision at the time, but that in no way diminished the necessity of it. And if you feel this is out of place here, so be it I'll simply PM it to him, because he needs to read what I just wrote. That's my 2-cents worth.

< Message edited by Jito463 -- 10/7/2004 1:46:08 AM >

Post #: 8
[Deleted] - 10/7/2004 1:59:10 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

Post #: 9
[Deleted] - 10/7/2004 11:12:25 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

Post #: 10
[Deleted] - 10/7/2004 11:21:11 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

Post #: 11
[Deleted] - 10/7/2004 11:24:55 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

Post #: 12
RE: Another Whoopin' - 10/7/2004 11:33:03 PM   
Jito463

Just FYI, I've been working on computers for the better part of 13 years, but you're right. I know absolutely nothing about computers and should just stick my head in the sand while you constantly berate a company that, while I have no direct affiliation with, I certainly enjoy using their product (figured I'd add that affiliation part in case you start accusing ME of working for/getting money from Alcohol like you did the mods of this forum). Alcohol installs no malware/adware/spyware/viruses/trojans/keyloggers/et al on any machine. I'll say that again. Alcohol installs no malware/adware/spyware/viruses/trojans/keyloggers/et al on any machine. My only part in this little drama is that I hate to see someone lambasting a company that I've found to produce a good quality product and show considerable loyalty to their customers.

And I cannot believe you dared to equate being unable to remove all traces of Alcohol from your machine to those people in the World Trade Center. Show some respect.

*EDIT*
quote:

And you (Byron) CHOOSE to read my attention seeking dreck in the hopes (I think) that some of the Attention goes to YOU.

You know, you made me realize something. In my attempts to rebutt your attacks, I've probably made things worse by giving you the attention you crave. Aside from specific questions directed to me, I shall have no more to say in this. I believe my prior posts say enough.

< Message edited by Jito463 -- 10/7/2004 11:36:14 PM >

Post #: 13
Goodbye - 10/7/2004 11:38:57 PM   
vbguru_12000

I'd like to take this time to announce my leaving cdrinfo.com. I am sick and tired of the dumb-ass, immature, idiots that continually post here. I'm not speaking of just one person, ie, Billy Brethren, Laffin Assassin, or Jito, but rather everyone. There is constant bickering and flaming going on here. And frankly, I'm sick of it. This forum appalls me. Both in it's complete immaturity, and the fact that no one is allowed their own ideas. There is no need for someone to attack every single person that has an opinion different from the norm, *cough* Laffin *cough*. There is also a complete lack of respect towards the moderators, particularily from one individual. So enough talk, I'm off to better forums and greener pastures. Where people actually help each other rather than just flinging mud at each other. Maybe this way, I won't be wasting my time moderating a forum where I'm neither wanted, nor needed. Instead, I'll be spending my time doing more helping then moderating.

ps. @emperor, feel free to deactivate my moderator status at your convience.

< Message edited by vbguru_12000 -- 10/7/2004 11:39:27 PM >

I'm no longer afiliated with this forum. If you need professional help find me at http://digital-burn.net

Post #: 14
RE: Goodbye - 10/8/2004 5:43:01 AM   
Cooler

quote:

ORIGINAL: vbguru_12000
I'd like to take this time to announce my leaving cdrinfo.com.

I'm sorry to see that announcement.
Hopefully you're making spectacular comeback some time later...

Quae dant, quaque negant, gaudent tamen esse rogatae.

(in reply to vbguru_12000)
Post #: 15
RE: Goodbye - 10/8/2004 6:58:57 AM   
aslok

I am a fairly new member of this forum, just a couple of months or so. Firstly I would like to say thanks for all the help I have recieved so far. I Always get a good reply to even the dumbest of noob questions. I now visit the forum daily to check out the latest posts and generally learn more about the various topics covered on these forums. I just have a strong urge to give my 2 cents worth (even though my home currency is sterling)
I have followed Billy's plight over the last few days (with considerable amusement)and I would just like to say that I have never seen one person spark up such chaos on a forum before. And (this is just my opinion) if I were a Mod I would have banned this bloke a long time ago.
If anything Billy's 'plight' has probably boosted sales of the product in question, what with a splendid reply from the company, and an indepth debate on the somewhat trivial subject of companies leaving behind a teeny tiny comment in the registry to protect their livelyhood, this has convinced me for one that they have only honourable intentions.
Even though a moderator has just quit for other reasons as well as this subject, it is clear to me anyway that this debate sparked off his departure.

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> [Deleted] Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI