CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Good Post!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1067 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: Good Post! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Good Post! - 10/5/2004 2:34:37 PM   
vbguru_12000

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't find it anywhere that he said he wants to delete the registry key so that he can use the trial after it's expiration. Granted, I wouldn't be suprised if that was the case, which is why I wouldn't tell him how to delete that particular key, even if I knew myself.

I'm no longer afiliated with this forum. If you need professional help find me at http://digital-burn.net

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 17
RE: Good Post! - 10/5/2004 2:37:21 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Well I know how to remove it but there is no way I would have told him !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to vbguru_12000)
Post #: 18
RE: Good Post! - 10/5/2004 2:40:11 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Well said Paul this should have not been allowed to get so far should it !!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alcohol Admin

Billy....

As General manager for Alcohol soft I am personally a little tired of your unfounded accusations of spyware,Trojans, viruses or whatever else you seem to think our software contains.

1. If you downloaded and installed our trial version from our website then you have my personal assurance that there is no, I repeat NOspyware or any form of virus,keylogger, backdoor virus or any other malignant application. As you are not as you say an expert then please feel free to send our download to those that are, take your pick there are a few antivirus\adware companies who will check a download for you and let you know if there are any malignant files lurking within the install package, please feel free to contact one of your choice and should you encure any costs i personally will reimburse you following receipt of an invoice from the company you choose. I cant say any fairer than that, and I am sure the outcome will enable you to sleep soundly at night and put your unfounded accusations to bed along side you.

2. If you downloaded and installed our software from our website and you are having a problem please contact me directly by email (removed by admin, using PM functions avoids spamm) and I will address your problem personally and resolve any issues you feel you may have. The reason why I ask you to mail me is not a cover up its simply to protect your privacy and not to post information in open forum that may not be pertinent to another's problem and could lead to creating problems on another users system if they inadvertently follow the same advice when their problem is created by a different set of circumstances. it is also possible that to resolve your problem you may be required to give information concerning your system that you would not wish others to be privy to. (please quote this post so that i am aware of the relation of your problem)

quote:

(The following excerpts are from the link:http://forum.alcohol-soft.com/index.php?showtopic=13345&hl=uninstall+alcohol

Please note your reference to this thread is not the same problem that you are having and if you are going to make quotes of threads you really should quote the whole thread including the person with the problems final response which as you well know was

quote:

Thanks a lot!!! It works now

4. To the moderators and Admin of this forum, while I always appreciate the help and advice given by your self's and the members of your forum in relation to questions concerning our software, and I along with the Alcohol support team are at any time willing to assist your members with any questions pertaining to our software, I feel that Billy for reasons known only to him self seems to have some difficulty in actually contacting us personally to resolve his problem and endeavours to create unsubstantiated accusations concerning our software, and fails to understand the structure of any and most software install\uninstall related issues the continuance of this thread is pointless.

Having given Billy the options of points 1 and 2 there is little more I can do to help bring pointless topic to a conclusion.

Billy please take note of points 1 and 2 if you have no wish to entertain them then I can only suggest that you resolve your problem by totally formatting your hard drive and re installing your operating system, this I assure you will remove all traces of our software, however I cant promise you that Mr gates does not include some form of spyware in his windows operating system so if you really are as paranoid as you make out to be then Format your hard drive and switch your PC off at the mains.

While my last comment is totally unprofessional and most likely uncalled for, I am only human and I resent being accused of posting fake endorsements of our software, each and every endorsement can be backed up with the individuals email address. I also resent the fact that in your topic on our support forum I suggested that you contacted me by email in an attempt to resolve your problem, however you chose to continue your accusations within this forum without contacting me for a resolution, this seems to indicate your not interested in resolving your problem but just like the attention you recieve posting here.

I suggest you take up my offer in points 1 and 2 and stop wasting yours and this forums time.

If any Admin or moderator feels that my offer to Billy is not acceptable or that any of my comments are not suited to this thread please remove my post and myself from your forum, while I cant speak for other Alcohol support members I feel I can do no more than I have in this particular case and await contact from Billy should he wish to do so. .

Paul
General manager
Alcohol Soft

< Message edited by Laffin Assassin -- 10/5/2004 2:41:09 PM >

(in reply to Alcohol Admin)
Post #: 19
RE: Good Post! - 10/5/2004 2:42:41 PM   
Laffin Assassin

I totally agree with you Mate !!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: MP3Mogul

Much agreed,

He only wanted to remove the registry entries, and reinstall the trial and use it... he said so himself.

Post #: 20
[Deleted] - 10/5/2004 7:28:17 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

Post #: 21
RE: Good Post! - 10/5/2004 7:37:34 PM   
vbguru_12000

@Billy, I would strongly suggest you take Alcohol Admin, up on his offer and contact him via email. He has been more than reasonable with the help he is offering and I suggest, once again, that you take him up on it. Likely, he is the only one here with the expertise/knowledge to help you in what you ask.

quote:

Given the anonymity of this forum, I wonder about possible motives for this (for lack of a better phrase) "arguementive posture". Almost like there was some income at stake, huh ?

I can assure you, although you probably won't believe me, that I am not paid for my services here in anyway. I am currently a 20 year-old, full time college student, not an employee of any corporation (or anywhere for that matter). As for Alcohol Admin, I'm sure he's paid to do what he does, just not by us, but rather his company, Alcohol. I would greatly appreciate it if you were to keep the allegations a little more low key. I for one do not appreciate the fact that you attacked this forum. Please refrain from similar attacks in the future.

I'm no longer afiliated with this forum. If you need professional help find me at http://digital-burn.net

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 22
RE: Good Post! - 10/5/2004 8:25:10 PM   
MP3Mogul

Okay,

I think everyone needs to calm down just a bit, and stop deleting posts!

First of all, it's obvious a user, that claims to be a computer designer of a large company that builds and designs them, can't find a registry entry? And has admitted that he wanted to remove and reinstall Alcohol so that he could reuse the trial version, we can all see where this is going.

Please, let's EVERYONE take a breath here and calm down just a bit. I think the issue has become mute, and is resolved.

All users are welcome to post on the forum, as long as the rules are not violated, and no one is personally "flamed". I don't think that anyone has quite done that yet, but we could get there easily if we are not careful. I am LOCKING the post, lets just all move on, and go forward, to helping users, and keep our great reputation!

MP3Mogul

(in reply to Laffin Assassin)
Post #: 23
RE: Good Post! - 10/5/2004 8:28:37 PM   
MP3Mogul

Vbguru_1200

You don't see where he said this is what he is doing, go back to page 1, this is what he said:

When I manually delete all the Registry Entries that I can find that are associated with Alcohol, it still refuses to re-install due to the Trial Period being expired. Which means one thing: The Registry Keys left behind that I COULD find don't have anything to do with the Trial Period Expiration issue

I think we ALL have figured out his plight

Post #: 24
RE: Good Post! - 10/5/2004 8:32:36 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Yeah I noticed it in his first Thread staight away but it got locked and then it was allowed to go on buit some of us were not allowed to say anything
!!!

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 25
RE: Good Post! - 10/5/2004 8:33:09 PM   
MP3Mogul

I don't appreciate my messages being deleted.

As I stated earlier, if you go to page 1, you will see that he did in fact say he was uninstalling, and tried to reinstall his TRIAL version:

Exerpt:

When I manually delete all the Registry Entries that I can find that are associated with Alcohol, it still refuses to re-install due to the Trial Period being expired. Which means one thing: The Registry Keys left behind that I COULD find don't have anything to do with the Trial Period Expiration issue.

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 26
RE: Good Post! - 10/5/2004 8:34:52 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Yeah I noticed it in his first Thread straight away but it got locked and then it was allowed to go on but some of us were not allowed to say anything !!!

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 27
RE: Good Post! - 10/5/2004 8:36:23 PM   
vbguru_12000

MP3, I think there is something really weird going on here. I never deleted your post, I can't see it either. But I can when I logout.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 28
RE: Good Post! - 10/5/2004 8:37:45 PM   
Laffin Assassin

It must have been done by a Ghost or someone who has hacking powers LOL !!!

Post #: 29
RE: Good Post! - 10/5/2004 8:40:38 PM   
Laffin Assassin

He was so busy deleting my posts he deleted yours MP3 by mistake LOL !!!

(in reply to Laffin Assassin)
Post #: 30
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: Good Post! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI