CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: New firmware for BenQ 1620A vB7H9   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1455 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> RE: New firmware for BenQ 1620A vB7H9 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New firmware for BenQ 1620A vB7H9 - 10/1/2004 2:54:37 PM   
tinman1948

Just in case you guys don't know, there is a new oem bulk or generic BENQ DW1620 drive selling in Europe and North America. It is supposed to be the same as the retail version, but it carries a "G" firmware (for generic) G7C9 to be exact. BENQ's European site has the K release for it "G7K9". I have contacted BENQ US and they don't know anything about it. I have this drive and used the new updated firmware G series. It seems to be giving the same results as the latest retail DW1620 that you are posting here. IOMAGIC is also selling this drive with the BENQ DW1620.0C3 label on top of it. The front face of the drive looks similar to the DW1600 with the large button and rectangular drawer, but their is no BENQ name on the front face. I am in Ottawa, Canada. NewEgg is selling it for $87US.

(in reply to Dolphinius_Rex)
Post #: 17
RE: New firmware for BenQ 1620A vB7H9 - 10/1/2004 4:42:52 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

quote:

ORIGINAL: tinman1948

Just in case you guys don't know, there is a new oem bulk or generic BENQ DW1620 drive selling in Europe and North America. It is supposed to be the same as the retail version, but it carries a "G" firmware (for generic) G7C9 to be exact. BENQ's European site has the K release for it "G7K9". I have contacted BENQ US and they don't know anything about it. I have this drive and used the new updated firmware G series. It seems to be giving the same results as the latest retail DW1620 that you are posting here. IOMAGIC is also selling this drive with the BENQ DW1620.0C3 label on top of it. The front face of the drive looks similar to the DW1600 with the large button and rectangular drawer, but their is no BENQ name on the front face. I am in Ottawa, Canada. NewEgg is selling it for $87US.

That's weird... my BenQ 1620 OEM drive came with firmware version B7C9, and had the same front bezel as the BenQ 1600. I'm in Vancouver BC.

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to tinman1948)
Post #: 18
RE: New firmware for BenQ 1620A vB7H9 - 10/3/2004 2:32:53 PM   
emperor

Interesting, its quite possible that OEM drives from BenQ have different firmware revision than retail..

(in reply to Dolphinius_Rex)
Post #: 19
RE: New firmware for BenQ 1620A vB7H9 - 10/11/2004 10:58:25 AM   
arith

This is one of the great news for me since I come back home.
Now my 4x CMC media can burn on 8x speed.

I will post the writing result later.

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 20
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> RE: New firmware for BenQ 1620A vB7H9 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI