CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Is InCD 3.51.61 Safe to install yet?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1353 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Is InCD 3.51.61 Safe to install yet? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is InCD 3.51.61 Safe to install yet? - 11/28/2002 6:23:46 PM   
MikeG

I've got WinXP all updates, LiteOn 48x burner w/VS08, LTD-163D DVD.

I have the latest Nero (5.5.9.17). I do not have any other (non-ahead) burning software as I am a big fan of the KISS principle.

When I updated from InCD from 3.31 to 3.37 all sorts of nasty things happened re: blue screens, etc. This happened on both my home machine and my work machine. So I uninstalled 3.37 and reinstalled my 3.31. and peace was restored.

I primarily use InCD to carry data back and forth from one machine to another (as a backup). I don't know what the advantages are to using or formatting a disk in the MT Ranier format, and if it requires me to install some other "reader" to read the disk after inserting it in some other CDR drive on a co-worker's machine at my office then its not worth my time and frustration to use it.

As the topic asks: is the latest InCD 3.51.61 safe to use? Or should I wait a while?

Thanks,

Mike
Post #: 1
RE: Is InCD 3.51.61 Safe to install yet? - 11/28/2002 11:10:49 PM   
KCK

Many people reported problems with 3.37. I have the same burner running fine on XP Pro SP1 and 98SE, with InCD 3.51.61 and the latest EasyWriteReader to read CD-MRW on DVD-ROM drives. The only trouble was with some CD-MRW disc formatted earlier with 3.31.

If you are happy with 3.31, you may stay with it; I moved to 3.51.61 because it cooperates with EasyWriteReader on the same system.

If your friend has XP SP1, it will read standard CD-RW (non Mt. Rainier) without any additional reader. On the other hand, installing EasyWriteReader for CD-MRW reading is easy, and you can always remove it without messing up XP.

The main advantage of CD-MRW is quick formatting (20 secs compared to about 10 min for standard CD-RW).

Most of InCD and EasyWriteReader problems are caused by remnants of DirectCD or the Adaptec/Roxio plugin installed by WMP; just search for InCD 3.51.61 on this forum, www.cdfreaks.com and www.cdrinfo.com.

(in reply to MikeG)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Is InCD 3.51.61 Safe to install yet? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI