CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

NEC 2510a and problems writing directly to RW's of any kind   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1733 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> NEC 2510a and problems writing directly to RW's of any kind Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NEC 2510a and problems writing directly to RW's of any ... - 8/22/2004 10:19:48 PM   
utaeladil

I have an NEC ND-2510a and have used it without any problems. So far I have taken home or .avi movies and converted them to DVD's etc. I got my first pack of Fujifilm 4x DVD + RW's (just a 5 pack) and tried to use Nero INCD to allow me to directly modify conents like a floppy disk... whenever I put the disk in the drive, Windows XP pops up the dialog box asking what I'd like to do with the disk...if I select open with Nero INCD it usually pops up and says it was unable to format and to check the drive/disk for compatability. I have not been able to find ANY documentation on which media is possibly more compatable with this model drive. So I go out and buy a 5 pack of Memorex 2x DVD - RW's and they do the same thing. I have noticed one difference though...if I right click on the drive (from MY COMPUTER) with the +RW's in the drive, it fails and says it could not format. If I put the -RW's in the drive, that same format function works. And I can open Nero directly, have it format either RW drive, and it can burn successfully to it.

My question is - does anyone know if INCD works properly with this drive - or do I need to buy a brand of media that this drive is more willing to work with?

FWIW this drive was running the default Firmware of 2.15 that it came with until after I fought this problem for a couple of weeks and decided to download the official 2.16 update. The firmware update seems to have gone through without a hitch...except it did not fix the problem...it still does exactly the same.
Post #: 1
RE: NEC 2510a and problems writing directly to RW's of ... - 8/23/2004 3:50:16 AM   
Iggy

Packet writing software are not too reliable. I avoid them. I don't believe it is your drive.

(in reply to utaeladil)
Post #: 2
RE: NEC 2510a and problems writing directly to RW's of ... - 8/23/2004 11:35:06 PM   
utaeladil

That's like telling someone who is trying to buy a new tire for their car that tires go flat and they should just not use them...

I have had a regular CDRW for years (three actually among all the PC's I have) and they all write to CDRW's just fine in this manner...I am very VERY impressed with the performance of the drive so far...and I imagine that somewhere there should be some type of guide or recommendation as far as which brand of DVD RW media to use with my device. I am getting frustrated...have searched high and low and have not seen anyone post this problem before and cannot find any official compatability chart displaying which media it works with or not... and I have also tried posting this message in several locations but so far no one has even replied but you...and you just tell me not to use it because it doesn't work very well? Surely there has got to be an answer out there somewhere hehe... any other suggestions or recommendations are most welcome.

Thanks!

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 3
RE: NEC 2510a and problems writing directly to RW's of ... - 8/24/2004 4:08:07 AM   
Iggy

It not my fault if you are planning to buy a tire with a nail on it.

Packet writing software are causing problems all the time. In several cases there is no solution. Most users avoid them.

The only suggestion I have is that you can download the latest InCD version and install ASPI.

Read also this:

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=9803&PageId=10

it has the list for media from NEC.

(in reply to utaeladil)
Post #: 4
RE: NEC 2510a and problems writing directly to RW's of ... - 8/24/2004 10:59:54 AM   
dburg

InCD 4.3 does not use the system aspi nor priorietary aspi. Hence updating InCD should be enough.

David Burg
Software Development,
InCD Project Leader

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299

email: dburg@nero.com
http://www.nero.com

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> NEC 2510a and problems writing directly to RW's of any kind Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI