CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Encoding problem   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 602 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: Encoding problem Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Encoding problem - 4/29/2003 6:46:37 AM   
JCJanko

I have this same problem. I attempted to burn a SVCD of about 550 MB and I got the same error message. I had burned a few VCD's of the same size or larger fine, and SVCD's of a smaller size fine as well. I am running Windows XP, I have about 30 GB of memory free on my hard drive, and I have deleted all temp files.

(in reply to wnc)
Post #: 17
RE: Encoding problem - 4/29/2003 10:31:23 AM   
jel73

My computer is new - bought with XP pre installed, and it has a 120 gig hard drive - so no problems with lack of space!!
SP1 is already installed, so I'll have a go at uninstalling and reinstalling Nero and keep my fingers crossed!
Thanks for the help.

quote:
Originally posted by KCK

jel73:

Welcome to the CDR-Info Forum!

I presume you are referring to the .vxd drivers mentioned by CCampbell. These drivers are not used under XP.

Hence I'm wondering why you are seeing them on your XP box at all.

Did you upgrade to XP from 98, 98SE or ME by running the XP installation disc and telling it to upgrade your existing OS? Then you might have leftovers from your older OS, and you may expect all sorts of weird problems because an upgrade is not the same as installing XP from scratch. If this is the case, I would recommend to reformat your HDD and run a clean installation of XP.

Otherwise, you may uninstall Nero via Add/Remove Programs, and install the latest version 5.5.10.20 from Ahead's site. Sometimes problems with Nero's message about the lack of space on the HDD disappear once Nero is reinstalled properly (assuming of course that there is enough free space on the HDD). You should also update XP to SP1, unless you have it already.

(in reply to wnc)
Post #: 18
RE: Encoding problem - 4/29/2003 6:51:19 PM   
jel73

I'm still not getting anywhere!
I've uninstalled all Nero programmes - Nero and NeroVision - and reinstalled the latest versions of both, but I'm still getting the same problem.
More specifically I am trying to burn a SVCD using NeroVision Express - it is giving me the "no space on harddisk" error message when it gets to the end of the encoding phase even though I have 92gb free space on my hard drive. The file is a 764mb mpeg movie file.
Any further suggestions please?

(in reply to wnc)
Post #: 19
RE: Encoding problem - 5/1/2003 9:17:13 PM   
CCampbell

Not sure what is causing this off hand. Trouble is, without being able to duplicate the issue, it's hard to troubleshoot and find a solution.[}:)]

I would first recommend doing a clean uninstall again and upgrading to our latest Nero 5.5.10.28 and Nero Vision Express 1.046d

If you still have trouble, please try the following experiment.

Go into the Registry and under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE go to SOFTWARE_AHEAD_NERO BURNING-ROM_CACHE and for the 'MaxCacheSize' value, increase it to 700000 HEX or 7340032 Decimal and see if this helps any. Its a long shot, but at this point 'long shots' are all we have.

Regards,

Craig

quote:
Originally posted by jel73

I'm still not getting anywhere!
I've uninstalled all Nero programmes - Nero and NeroVision - and reinstalled the latest versions of both, but I'm still getting the same problem.
More specifically I am trying to burn a SVCD using NeroVision Express - it is giving me the "no space on harddisk" error message when it gets to the end of the encoding phase even though I have 92gb free space on my hard drive. The file is a 764mb mpeg movie file.
Any further suggestions please?

(in reply to wnc)
Post #: 20
RE: Encoding problem - 5/4/2003 6:26:24 AM   
JCJanko

OK, I had tried everything, so I decided to try using Nero on my Windows 98SE system, which is just slightly slower than my XP. Everything was working fine, until I tested the finished SVCD. Nothing happened. Each computer I tried it on froze. So I made another and got it to work, but the final product was terrible. The audio moved about twice as fast as the video. I also couldn't move between chapters by pressing the button. So I thought it could be my computer. After reinstalling drivers and numerous other things, I tried again and the audio and video were off again. So this time I did the project over, lowering the burning speed. Now I'm getting the same stupid message on my 98SE that I got on the XP! Unreal. So I tried AGAIN, and I'm getting a whole mess of error messages. I can't even get to the burning page anymore! I think I'll try some other software.

(in reply to wnc)
Post #: 21
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: Encoding problem Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI