CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1621 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 8/4/2004 5:50:48 AM   
emperor

Its so easy, just remove the HDD from the PS2 and install either as MASTER or SLAVE to the PC,

(in reply to UndertheGuN)
Post #: 33
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 8/6/2004 5:29:24 PM   
NismoR34

Hi there i jus registered an ive been readin the Hd loader topics an Emperor ur a PS2 god lol..I wold like to kno if imported games can work with this like PAL an the Jap ones dunno wut format they r..i was talkin to a guy at my local game retailor an he sed there mite be a prog to change it or somthin of that sort.any help would be apreciated Thx.

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 34
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 8/6/2004 7:12:16 PM   
tank139

hey when i downloaded hdl dumb and connected my hd to my computer it recognized the hd but would not let me put any games on the hd. am i doing something wrong i tried using dvd decryptor and adding games like that this also did not work.

need help thanks

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 35
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 8/7/2004 5:53:21 AM   
iMaGiNaLee

Hi all
Thanks Emperor for your answers
I have one question
I have a pal PS2 with no modchip, i have only an usb sbox with AR2 CDROM.
I have 2 version of HDloader, one a clone cd and a free hdloader (ps2ownz).
With winhiip, i know to download to the hard disk form pc. I have many iso on hard disk, but when i start the game with hdloader menu, i have just a black screen.
Can you help me ?

Thanks

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 36
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 8/9/2004 12:15:04 PM   
drovkin

I have a question

I just got all this in the mail, and instead of sending me HDLoader, they sent me HDAdvanced. From what I understand, it's pretty much the same thing, so no biggie. Here's my question.

Since HDL Dumb allows you to install DVD9 games, most compatability lists don't really tell why certain games aren't compatable, meaning some just aren't, and some are DVD9 games. Is there a way to tell if a game is just DVD9, and therefore would work if you hook the HD up to your computer? I was going to run to blockbuster tonight and rent a few games, but I wanted to make sure they would all work...

Any help would be great!

Thanks a ton!

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 37
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 8/9/2004 12:22:23 PM   
emperor

quote:

ORIGINAL: NismoR34
Hi there i jus registered an ive been readin the Hd loader topics an Emperor ur a PS2 god lol..I wold like to kno if imported games can work with this like PAL an the Jap ones dunno wut format they r..i was talkin to a guy at my local game retailor an he sed there mite be a prog to change it or somthin of that sort.any help would be apreciated Thx.

Hi there and welcome to our forums...

I have no idea if import games will work on non-modded consoles, i have to try this!

(in reply to NismoR34)
Post #: 38
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 8/9/2004 12:23:29 PM   
emperor

quote:

ORIGINAL: tank139
hey when i downloaded hdl dumb and connected my hd to my computer it recognized the hd but would not let me put any games on the hd. am i doing something wrong i tried using dvd decryptor and adding games like that this also did not work.

need help thanks

Just insert the game into the reader and press transfer, alternative you can also use the WinIIP, it should work

(in reply to tank139)
Post #: 39
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 8/9/2004 12:25:07 PM   
emperor

quote:

ORIGINAL: iMaGiNaLee
Hi all
Thanks Emperor for your answers
I have one question
I have a pal PS2 with no modchip, i have only an usb sbox with AR2 CDROM.
I have 2 version of HDloader, one a clone cd and a free hdloader (ps2ownz).
With winhiip, i know to download to the hard disk form pc. I have many iso on hard disk, but when i start the game with hdloader menu, i have just a black screen.
Can you help me ?

Thanks

Hi there and welcome to our forums...

I have also a PAL PS2 with no modchip. I have the pressed version of HD Loader.

What is your game title, are you sure it is compatible with the HD Loader? There are 3 compatibility modes you can try, maybe thats the problem

(in reply to iMaGiNaLee)
Post #: 40
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 8/9/2004 12:27:16 PM   
emperor

quote:

ORIGINAL: drovkin
Since HDL Dumb allows you to install DVD9 games, most compatability lists don't really tell why certain games aren't compatable, meaning some just aren't, and some are DVD9 games. Is there a way to tell if a game is just DVD9, and therefore would work if you hook the HD up to your computer? I was going to run to blockbuster tonight and rent a few games, but I wanted to make sure they would all work...

I imagine there are some lists with DVD9 games, the only way would be to see its size (7~8.5GB), then its DVD9 not DVD5 (till 4.36GB), there are some patches which reduce the DVD9->DVD5 games, but i am not very keen with those titles, maybe another member can help at this...

(in reply to drovkin)
Post #: 41
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 8/9/2004 2:26:02 PM   
NismoR34

To tank139.. I go to my bios wen i put in a new drive an enable it as a Master or Slave..did u do that? I kno wen u put in a HD an u dont do that an u start up the puter an login it says new hardware found but i dont think it can enable it from there i think u gotta enable it thru ur bios..unless that winhiip thing fixes it

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 42
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 8/9/2004 2:38:29 PM   
emperor

NismonR34 i installed the PS2 HDD with CABLE SELECT (doesn't matter as SLAVE or MASTER, it should just recognized from the system), under windows you won't see anything since Windows cannot read the FAT of the PS2 HDD, but the software like HDL Dumb or WinHIIP will do the job!

(in reply to NismoR34)
Post #: 43
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 8/9/2004 2:42:15 PM   
NismoR34

i was jus thinkin he put in a clean HD an didnt set it up thru the bios..didnt kno it was a ps2 hdd or wutever

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 44
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 8/10/2004 12:36:17 PM   
drovkin

I have another question

I just installed Vice City using Dumb, and it helped a lot (cause my game had some scratch on it or something, and it wouldn't allow me to install it normally)

Here's my question:

Is there a button combination or something that will take you back out to the "pick a game" menu? Instead of having to reset the machine every time I want to change games?

The reason I ask is because I sent in my ps2 for a free sony repair (cause of the DREs, and that class action suit they had against them) and apparently when they fixed it, they kinda removed the ability to reset the machine...it just shuts it off whenever I hit the reset button, kinda annoying.

< Message edited by drovkin -- 8/10/2004 1:12:21 PM >

(in reply to emperor)
Revisions: 1 | Post #: 45
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 8/10/2004 1:36:43 PM   
emperor

No there isn't a way to go back to the game menu...

(in reply to drovkin)
Post #: 46
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 8/10/2004 6:23:19 PM   
Shindel

Emperor:

Question for you... I got the Madden 2005 Collectors Edition yesterday, and when I installed it normally through HD Loader, it only had the normal game on it, none of the special features of the Collector's Edition. Doh, it's dual layer I think to myself...

So I installed it using HDL Dumb, but it does the same thing it did before.
Whenever I try to use the other features, it says "now loading" then that disappears and it just hangs there forever.

Any thoughts?

< Message edited by Shindel -- 8/10/2004 6:26:08 PM >

(in reply to emperor)
Revisions: 1 | Post #: 47
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 8/10/2004 11:04:33 PM   
tank139

my problem with the hd drive was that i tried to connect it through an external case through usb 2. this would not let me install any games.
connected the hard drive through the slave slot and when i did this the computer would not turn on said there was no os. any clue thanks

(in reply to Shindel)
Post #: 48
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI