CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

AVI TO DVD PROBLEMS   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1402 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> AVI TO DVD PROBLEMS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AVI TO DVD PROBLEMS - 5/17/2004 5:59:22 PM   
mbaer

I am having problems with certain AVI files. I normally use NeroVision Express 2 to transocde and burn to DVD. When I load certain files to transcode AND burn, Nero shuts itself down completely. When I load them to convert it to MPEG, it gets almost to the end and says there was an error. Oh yeah, IT INVERTS THE ENTIRE VIDEO. It's upside down. Then I tried WinMPG, that turns the entire video to a white screen with Audio...that really helps. Then I try to use TMPGenc. That won't even load these files. I have run into this every time with only certain AVI files. I think that they're corrupted. If they are, how do I fix them. If they aren't, then what the **** is going on? Someone please help.

Matt
Post #: 1
RE: AVI TO DVD PROBLEMS - 5/17/2004 6:39:14 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Please don't make Double Posts as this only causes problems for you and us !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to mbaer)
Post #: 2
RE: AVI TO DVD PROBLEMS - 5/17/2004 7:12:24 PM   
MP3Mogul

Perhaps it is the source files themselves? Is it possible that they are corrupt? Did you personally rip the source files from a good source?

(in reply to Laffin Assassin)
Post #: 3
RE: AVI TO DVD PROBLEMS - 5/18/2004 5:36:43 PM   
emperor

Maybe something is wrong with the AVI files, tried to open then with VirtualDub?

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 4
RE: AVI TO DVD PROBLEMS - 6/11/2004 4:14:47 AM   
nedix

or maybe even the codecs are f... up ! ... maybe you should try on another PC ... try using GSpot and see if something is missing... or maybe you shoud reinstall the codecs or the OS (this is a long shoot but ... who knows ?!?!? )

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 5
RE: AVI TO DVD PROBLEMS - 6/11/2004 11:44:10 AM   
vbguru_12000

Yes, inverted video is typically caused by missing codecs.

I'm no longer afiliated with this forum. If you need professional help find me at http://digital-burn.net

(in reply to nedix)
Post #: 6
RE: AVI TO DVD PROBLEMS - 6/14/2004 8:56:12 PM   
kogos

i used to have the same problems with a creative geforce 2 graphic card...
i know that this will sound strange, but the white screen problem and the upside/down problem is a result of faulty or damaged graphic driver... If there is any way to disable and enable again overlay modes, you will see that the video won't be upside down...
But, just to be sure, you can try bsplayer first (it's free). Load the avi file with bsaplayer and disable overlays or disable RGB mode (which one is enabled) in preferences menus... if the video displays ok, then you can try transcoding the files again... If none of these works, then you got yourself some damaged avis... try divxfix in this case... and cross your fingers...

(in reply to mbaer)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> AVI TO DVD PROBLEMS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI