CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1022 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 8/3/2002 6:33:28 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Albaterra
What was the orignal message you were getting before you used the the Aspi Fix

Laffin Assassin

It's Nice to be Important!!!
But it's more Important to be NICE!!!

(in reply to Laffin Assassin)
Post #: 17
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 8/3/2002 6:41:39 AM   
Laffin Assassin

quote:

i'm kind of new at this i guess but what is "aspi"

Hi gagnonrd
ASPI interface is a batch of drivers that windows need to communicate with IDE CD ROM drives. Windows are talking to all CD ROM drives like they were SCSII, even if they are IDE drives. This is the way windows were designed. ASPI drivers are interpreting the commands that windows send to the drives so that they can be executed by IDE devises and vise versa.!!!
I hope this Helps !!!

Laffin Assassin

Post #: 18
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 8/3/2002 6:45:55 AM   
Albaterra

Same error as before.
"FATAL ERROR - ASPI SEND ERROR"

My current firmware is 2.1.
Drive appears to still be OK.
I'm running Windows XP Pro.

Post #: 19
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 8/3/2002 7:18:36 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Well as you can see by the other Peoples replies in this and the other thread if they followed the instructions in the Zip file it has cured their problems with exactly the same message ! But on checking back through I have found one reply where it did not work for some reason and it was cured by after applying the patch then I sent him ASPI 4.70 and that sorted it out just look in the other thread !!!

Laffin Assassin

Post #: 20
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 8/3/2002 8:43:47 AM   
Albaterra

Hi m8,

Thanks for your help this far.
I think I might be having a different problem to the others.
While changing and removing the ASPI layer, I have seen the "you must install ASPI .." message which has been reported widely in this thread, but I seem to be experiencing another problem.

In my case, the flashtool program starts up fine, it identifies the PCRW804 correctly, it advises me to reboot to disable auto-insert notification (which I do), then I restart flashtool & it proceeds to the next screen which identifies the firmware required and the path for the firmware (all OK so far).

Then when I proceed with the flash update, it freezes at 0% and returns the error "Fatal Error - ASPI send error".

I have now tried using flashtool (3.7.0.0) with ASPI 4.60, 4.70 & 4.71
But always receive the same error.

Have forwarded you an image of the flashtool settings.
My PCRW804 is installed as my secondary IDE master.

Can you advise if there are any other flash utilities I could try ?

Thanks again,

Albaterra.

Post #: 21
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 8/3/2002 4:56:21 PM   
mace1138

Hello mr Laffin Assassin,

If you don't mind could you please send me the tool to fix my flashtool problem?

I am trying to upgrade my firmware to fix the following problem: I am trying to burn a VCD using Nero v5.5.9.0 and my PCRW804. The simulation goes fine but once the actual burn starts I get an error message a couple of seconds into it. The message is "Internal Target Failure". Also, I am not given a choice as to the burn speed. My only option is 2x. I have no problems when I try to burn to the PNY 80min/700MB CD-R's but my DVD player (standalone) can't read them. This error is occuring when I use Jensen's (STI Certified) 80min/700MB CD-RW's. Any help you can offer with this problem would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, could you please send me the atapi fix?

Primary Master: Quantum Fireball 20GB
Primary Slave: None
Secondary Master: PCRW804
Secondary Slave:Creative 52x CD-ROM
Burning Software: Nero 5.5.9.0
Mobo: MSI K7T Pro2-A (MS-6330)
Processor: AMD Athlon 900Mhz (Overclocked to 910Mhz)
128MB SDRAM PC133

Thank you

Post #: 22
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 8/3/2002 5:12:26 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Albaterra
I have replied to your e-mail but as for there being any other flash utilities for your drive I do not know of any but what I would suggest is for you to download the firmware from a different source to the one you are failing to flash and see if that cures the problem ! Also make sure that the DMA is disabled and no Anti-Virus software is running when you are flashing as these sometimes cause problems when flashing !!
I hope this Helps !!!

Laffin Assassin

Post #: 23
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 8/3/2002 5:20:23 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi mace1138
There is no need for the mr we are very formal on here and some of us are fun loving !!!
Yes of course I will send you the file but it is an ASPI Fix not an Atapi Fix !
If you check your E-mail you will find you now have it. All you have to do is Unzip it into a folder and read the instructions in the folder very carefully and follow them and that should cure your ASPI problem !
I hope this helps !!!

Laffin Assassin

Post #: 24
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 8/6/2002 3:50:21 PM   
hnhsdiver

Hello, I have the latest version of aspi 4.71 and I have successfully used the flashtool to upgrade my firmware to 2.5 and my burner will still not work. I use easy cd creator 5.1 which is XP comptabile and I have tried the newest Nero also. Nero locks up when I hit the burn button and easy cd creator says I have no disc when I do.
I have called Philips tech support 3 times and they have gave up on me. Ive switched IDE connectors around and checked all physical hardware. My BIOS is set prim mas=hard drive,prim slav=hard drive,sec. mast=cdrom/dvd,sec slav=burner. They told me to try and set my burner as the secondary master and I tried but my BIOS will not let me and will not detect the burner.

My computer does detect my burner in Device Manager. However, when my burner is connected my computer constantly hits my cd rom drive like it is trying to get information from it and not my hard drive, then my computer freezes. When I restart my computer and it gets to the black XP boot screen before the user login my cd rom is constantly getting hit and my computer will stay at that boot screen and not move on.

I have no idea what to do now because I am almost 100% sure I have tried everything. Id like that zip file anyways please, just so I could read it. If anyone can think of an idea that might help I would greatly appreciate it.

Ryan

Post #: 25
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 8/6/2002 4:55:27 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Ryan
I have e-mailed you the ASPI FIX file all you have to do is unzip it into a folder and follow the instructions on the txt file. And before you use it I suggest you uninstall Easy CD Coaster Creator and Direct CD if you have it installed and also unistall Nero and then disable the built in burning program in Windows XP (If you are not sure how to do this just ask) ! Then re-boot your Computer and then install the ASPI Fix but only after you have done what I asked . Then install Nero again and try it !
I hope this Helps !!!

Laffin Assassin

New Hardware & Software isn't released it's allowed to escape !!!

Post #: 26
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 8/6/2002 5:42:02 PM   
hnhsdiver

Thank you for the zip file. How do I disable the built in burning program in XP? Thank you again

Ryan

Post #: 27
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 8/6/2002 5:55:55 PM   
Laffin Assassin

No Problem Ryan
Just go to Start Nenu/ Run and type in "services.msc" without the commas ! Then find IMAPI CD BURNING then double click it and change it to Dissable then re-boot your computer and hey presto it's done !!
Easy aint it !!!

Laffin Assassin

Post #: 28
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 8/6/2002 10:04:17 PM   
hnhsdiver

I have did everything you have told me to do and in the order you specified and Im still having trouble unfortunately. I have tried using the latest Nero and it locks up when I hit the burn button. I have also tried the latest Easy Creator 5.1 and when I hit the burn button it says the disc in the recorder is not the proper media and when I do not have a disc in there and try it, it says the same thing. My burning utilities are recognizing my Philips as a recorder, and when I click on the drive in my computer it will ask for a disc, but when I do put a cd-r disc in it, it says "Windows cannot ready from this disc. The disc might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with Windows." When I put any kind of cd in it I get this error. Im still clueless on what to do and any help you can give me is greatly apppreciated, thanks.

Ryan

Post #: 29
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 8/6/2002 10:19:18 PM   
Laffin Assassin

The next thing to do Ryan is get the latest drivers for your IDE so tell me what motherboard are you using and I will tell you where to get the Drivers.!!!

Laffin Assassin

Post #: 30
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 8/6/2002 10:19:37 PM   
hnhsdiver

Also..my cd rom is constantly being hit , like it was before causing my computer to freeze temporarily and then unfreeze. I dont know if this info might help or not.

Ryan

Post #: 31
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 8/6/2002 10:27:14 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Were you having these problems before you Upgraded the Firmware

Laffin Assassin

Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI