CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: how to copy WARCRAFT III   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1631 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: how to copy WARCRAFT III Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: how to copy WARCRAFT III - 7/16/2002 11:02:46 PM   
Clint

Just make shure you read subchannels data + audio with the Lite-On.

No FES. No AWS. Always close last session.

Write in RAW-DAO.

Use quality media. Don't have any illegal proggys on your puter or it will crash at startup. (if you have illegal proggyss it will also crash on original too).

Try read at 4x also, and write at 8x.
If playing in a CD-RW drive, enable "Hide CD-R media" in CCD tray.

If it doesn't work, the latest SecuROM has defeated your burner...

(in reply to peapod101)
Post #: 17
RE: how to copy WARCRAFT III - 7/17/2002 1:11:12 AM   
Tron

What do you mean by illegal proggyss??? And how would it know what you have on the computer? Just wondering.......

Visit www.cdrtimes.net too. Another great place....

(in reply to peapod101)
Post #: 18
RE: how to copy WARCRAFT III - 7/17/2002 4:25:14 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Yeah me too. I don't understand what you mean Clint.
But there again I don't have any illegal proggys on my computer I don't think.

Laffin Assassin

It's Nice to be Important!!!
But it's more Important to be NICE!!!

(in reply to peapod101)
Post #: 19
RE: how to copy WARCRAFT III - 7/17/2002 8:47:13 AM   
Myrddyndenox

I am not sure what you mean by illegal programs but the only thing I have running is "Hide CDR Media" from Clone CD and I have even tried turning it off as well. Also, I tried using your settings (Thank you for posting them clearly) but was unable to succeed. I guess my LiteOn has met its match. However, I use CD-RW's until I get the perfect system worked out so no coasters for me. Thank you everyone for your help and knowledge.

Myrddyndenox

(in reply to peapod101)
Post #: 20
RE: how to copy WARCRAFT III - 7/17/2002 10:16:45 AM   
netman

i have read that if you have programs like daemon tools or fantom cd installed that this program will not run. that may be what he is referring to as 'illegal proggys'. i'm sure that if this is true it will soon be fixed with a patch for daemon. not sure about fantom because it's main programmer no longer works for copystar.

(in reply to peapod101)
Post #: 21
RE: how to copy WARCRAFT III - 7/18/2002 12:11:46 AM   
Clint

Yeap thats right fellas, "Illegal Programs" .

Daemon Tools, PlayBackUp etc... SafeDisc and SecuROM both *BLACKLIST* these two for shure.

When I had my TEAC CD-W54E installed, it couldn't do SD2, so I needed Playbackup to run the copies. 10mths down the track, I got MOHAA, FIFA 2002 (and new burners ) and I was wondering why the hell they both crashed on startup... It was Playbackup still leaving traces in the registery and SafeDisc v2.40.010 ++ was finding it, and crashed the application . *Took me ages to work out why they wouldn't work, sigh*

Deamon Tools developer has to *ALWAYS* come up with work arounds every time a new SD or SecuROM revision is released, as it blacklists them and the games won't work, everytime!

Tron said:
quote:

how would it know what you have on the computer?

Because those two protections check the registery at the splash screen for blacklisted programs... Now they have changed the splash screen to "SafeDisc" and "MacroVision" logos now as of SD v2.60.052 (GP4).

Also some of you may remember, FIFA 2002 even blacklisted CloneCD 3 in one of its early stages, Olli had to fix...

But ever since CCD has never been blacklisted again .

So don't have them on if you plan to play latest games, if you must, make SHURE you have always the LATEST VERSION or you may find your SD, SecuROM games not working...

Edited by - Clint on 07/18/2002 00:15:15

(in reply to peapod101)
Post #: 22
RE: how to copy WARCRAFT III - 7/18/2002 7:35:31 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Clint
You Say " But ever since CCD has never been blacklisted again "
Yeah they know it is a waste of time trying to lock Clone CD out Our Olli is far to crafty to get caught out like they once tried!!!

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to peapod101)
Post #: 23
RE: how to copy WARCRAFT III - 7/18/2002 7:55:01 AM   
Clint

quote:

Yeah they know it is a waste of time trying to lock Clone CD out Our Olli is far to crafty to get caught out like they once tried!!!

Laffin Assassin

And maybe because CloneCD is in no way, ILLEGAL!!

What they did was illegal. Why blacklist a perfectly legal software? - Because they were BEATEN, and they are sore losers!

Edited by - Clint on 07/18/2002 08:12:23

(in reply to peapod101)
Post #: 24
RE: how to copy WARCRAFT III - 7/18/2002 8:00:09 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hey Clint
You Say "And maybe because CloneCD is in no way, ILLEGAL!!"
No of course it's not ILLEGAL and before you mention Olli moving from Germany to Switzerland that was not the reason it was because he thought that Switzerland had more chance of winning the World Cup in 2006 !!!!

Laffin Assassin

Edited by - Laffin Assassin on 07/18/2002 08:01:04

(in reply to peapod101)
Post #: 25
RE: how to copy WARCRAFT III - 7/18/2002 8:11:32 AM   
Clint

Hey Laffin Assassin,

Not really (BTW, how could Switzerland possibly beat the runners-up?? )

He knows the European copyright laws will change by year end, he doesn't want to put himself and Elby AG in any risk!

Smart move. He said Elby Germany is only an hours drive from where he is now anyway .

Edited by - Clint on 07/18/2002 08:14:56

(in reply to peapod101)
Post #: 26
RE: how to copy WARCRAFT III - 7/18/2002 9:53:26 AM   
Exorcist

back to the topic: I saw this in CloneCDs revision history. I'm no expert but could this be the reason?

___________ CloneCD revisions ... _________________________________
Version 4.0.1.9: 2002 06 27
- Fixed problem of reading subchannel data in Pre-Gap with Lite-On drives

(in reply to peapod101)
Post #: 27
RE: how to copy WARCRAFT III - 7/18/2002 10:01:05 AM   
Clint

quote:

back to the topic: I saw this in CloneCDs revision history. I'm no expert but could this be the reason?

___________ CloneCD revisions ... _________________________________
Version 4.0.1.9: 2002 06 27
- Fixed problem of reading subchannel data in Pre-Gap with Lite-On drives

Nup, pre-gaps have nothing to do with SecuROM protection. Although it could help .

(in reply to peapod101)
Post #: 28
RE: how to copy WARCRAFT III - 7/18/2002 3:07:43 PM   
rjw

Well your not the only one with this problem ,Looking at different forum's and hearing of the problems my friends have copying Warcraft 3 & good old LOD.

Now try the following things the might help:

First try cd-mate with the correct settings(I don't know them exactly since I hardly use it. But if you really need them mail me then I will figure them out) since there might be a little bug in the combination Lite On + clone cd hide cd + Securom new according to different sources. So make shure that hide cd from clone cd is switched of when you do the reading and copying.

If you still want to try clone cd, Then switch of hide cd media when you do the reading and burning and just read and burn the subchannels.
If you still have problems use a different reader as the Lite On 24102B. This worked for most people in my neighbourhood when copying LOD.
If this still doesn't work then it looks like you are on of the unlucky people who's 24102B can't copy Securom New correct. Specially the copy of a copy is causing problems with most Lite On's 24102B and even some newer models.

Might be that even Lite On have flaws in there copying quality just like Plextor

When playing the cd you might need hide cd media. But don't use it while your reading or copying the disc.

Over a couple of days I will try to see what's true. I just need one Lite On 24102B over here. Hope that it is just the people who screw things up but then again some people who quite know what they are doing can still not do it.

Edited by - rjw on 07/18/2002 15:21:44

(in reply to peapod101)
Post #: 29
RE: how to copy WARCRAFT III - 7/18/2002 4:24:40 PM   
zinc404

hey guys

I only ordered my new 40x Liteon yesterday, I have been using an old 2x Hp that wouldn't no RAW mode if walked into it But I have always been able to back up my games.

I'll prolly get slammed for saying this but I have always used Adaptec to create the backup and burn a exe crack onto the disk. Worked a treat for Warcraft 3. Out of 2 dozen games the only coaster was Commanche4. What a bitch but I did get it.

It's probably not the way you wanted to back up WCIII but it does work.......

Zinc404

*190 000 Amps creates a cool magnetic field*

(in reply to peapod101)
Post #: 30
RE: how to copy WARCRAFT III - 7/18/2002 4:27:14 PM   
zinc404

UUUUUrrrrrrrrgggghhhhh

C.R.A.C.K is a banned word but I got away with Bitch........

Go figure...lol

*190 000 Amps creates a cool magnetic field*

(in reply to peapod101)
Post #: 31
RE: how to copy WARCRAFT III - 7/19/2002 12:24:03 PM   
rjw

Yeah but most people don't want Warcraft 3 cracked because of the online playing on bnet so everyone is looking for the real 1:1 sollution or as close as they can get.

(in reply to peapod101)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: how to copy WARCRAFT III Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI