CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Incd formatting problems   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1380 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Incd formatting problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Incd formatting problems - 7/6/2002 4:24:29 PM   
tonyappuk

I have been trying unsuccessfully to format a rw-cd for packet writing. Each time the format procedure gets to 4m 09s and the program hangs. The write red LED stays on and I have to do a hard reset to remove the disc.

I have tried two different makes of fast (4x-10x) discs, erasing totally with NERO beforehand, uninstalling Incd and reinstalling with all other running processes removed (using CTL-ALT-DEL) as advised by Craig Campbell, to no avail. Any advice would be gratefully received.

The writer is a Liteon 24102B and I have flashed the latest firmware. Nero burns other ROM formats satisfactorily. Nero version is 5.5.4.2
and Incd is 3.31.0

The PC is privately built with AMD Athlon 1800+. 256M of RAM on an ECS M830LR motherboard and performs well in all other respects.

Does anyone out there have the answer?

Post #: 1
RE: Incd formatting problems - 7/9/2002 10:08:53 PM   
NotaHacker

I don't know if this will help but I had a problem formating a disc in INCD so I formated it first in Nero then formated it in INCD and it worked with out a problem. Just a guess, hope it helps.

INCD v3.24.3
Nero v5.5.8.2
Lite-on 24102B
OS XP

(in reply to tonyappuk)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Incd formatting problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI