CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NeverWinter Nights   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1638 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: NeverWinter Nights Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 8/7/2002 9:24:06 PM   
Laffin Assassin

It could be down to my settings or it could be the Yamaha 3200e or there again it could be down to sheer luck !!!

Laffin Assassin

New Hardware & Software isn't released it's allowed to escape !!!

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 65
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 8/8/2002 2:58:45 AM   
Clint

I'm not too sure about that...

It doesn't matter what settings or burner you use, SecuROM checks for ATIP, it crashes in a CD-RW drive, no question about it (unless you use Hide CD-R..., or equivelent. Also a patch ).

Can anyone else explain to me how L.A.'s copy works in a CD-RW perfect

• Questions? Problems? Search for fast results!

(in reply to rwalw)
    Post #: 66
    RE: NeverWinter Nights - 8/8/2002 8:09:12 AM   
    Laffin Assassin

Hi Clint me owd Mate
    You say " unless you use Hide CD-R..., or equivelent. Also a patch"
    AS I have said many times Hide CDR Media is not a patch it is a integrated part of Clone CD !!!

Laffin Assassin

If you need the ASPI FIX you can Download it from HERE

(in reply to rwalw)
    Post #: 67
    RE: NeverWinter Nights - 8/8/2002 5:13:53 PM   
    MP3Mogul

Clint,

I too, like Laffin, have made copies of the aforementioned copy protections that work in any CD rom drive I have tried them in. I too, used the Yamaha 3200 drive to make the copies, I have used them in other computers with cd rom drives without fail.

- Certified Audiophile -

(in reply to rwalw)
    Post #: 68
    RE: NeverWinter Nights - 8/8/2002 8:24:00 PM   
    Tron

CD readers yes, CD writers no.... The original of this game was able to be copied and played in and CD reader or writer, but they got smart and when they had the latest downloadable upgrade, it changed the protection so that it no longer will play in a CD writer. I think it happened in version 1.20 but I might be wrong. At least this is what I have read someplace.

(in reply to rwalw)
    Post #: 69
    RE: NeverWinter Nights - 8/8/2002 8:38:32 PM   
    Laffin Assassin

Hi Tron
    Sony (The makers of Securom) are probably doing a deal with Lite-on and they know they have no chance of doing one with Yamaha !!!
    Sony have probably said we will rebadged your drives if you stop copying our Protection

Laffin Assassin

Always remember to Pillage BEFORE you Burn

(in reply to rwalw)
    Post #: 70
    RE: NeverWinter Nights - 8/9/2002 2:43:14 AM   
    Clint

quote:

Hi Clint me owd Mate
    You say " unless you use Hide CD-R..., or equivelent. Also a patch"
    AS I have said many times Hide CDR Media is not a patch it is a integrated part of Clone CD !!!

Laffin Assassin

If you need the ASPI FIX you can Download it from HERE

I know Hide CD-R media is not a patch.... Never said it was!

(in reply to rwalw)
    Post #: 71
    RE: NeverWinter Nights - 8/9/2002 2:51:14 AM   
    Clint

quote:

CD readers yes, CD writers no.... The original of this game was able to be copied and played in and CD reader or writer, but they got smart and when they had the latest downloadable upgrade, it changed the protection so that it no longer will play in a CD writer. I think it happened in version 1.20 but I might be wrong. At least this is what I have read someplace.

The backup can't be played anywhere (so I've heard) if the update v1.21 is installed. Not even CD-ROM's!! As I have said, it identifies a copy in an unknown method, doesn't check for the 96bytes subchannel data anymore.

Someone please update me here....

Since when has any version of SecuROM "NEW" backup been able to played in a CD-writer (without 'hide CD-R media' etc)??

It checks for ATIP like SD v2.40.010+ so it should crash in a recorder without Hide CD-R media enabled, because it *will* find the ATIP of a CD-R!!!! WTF??!!!!!!!!

(in reply to rwalw)
    Post #: 72
    RE: NeverWinter Nights - 8/9/2002 2:55:44 AM   
    Clint

quote:

Clint,

I too, like Laffin, have made copies of the aforementioned copy protections that work in any CD rom drive I have tried them in. I too, used the Yamaha 3200 drive to make the copies, I have used them in other computers with cd rom drives without fail.

- Certified Audiophile -

Please read carefully, CD-RW drives/recorders have the ability to check ATIP info. SecuROM "NEW" checks this, and because only CD-R/RW media contains this (not pressed originals) crashes the application. CD/DVD-ROM's cannot retrieve this ATIP info, therfore of coarse it plays in any of the ROM's you tested...

(in reply to rwalw)
    Post #: 73
    RE: NeverWinter Nights - 10/4/2002 7:02:43 AM   
    FutureProof

quote:

CD/DVD-ROM's cannot retrieve this ATIP info
    This is true only in general. The Multi Media Command Set instruction "read_atip" can be coded into any chipset by the vendor/manufacturer. Because, in the past, it was a useless instruction for non-burners it *mostly* does not get included in DVD/CD-ROM chipset code. But it *is* in some Pioneer DVD-ROMs (various models) and another brand/model I can't think of off the top of my head.

FUD

(in reply to rwalw)
    Post #: 74
    RE: NeverWinter Nights - 10/4/2002 7:08:40 AM   
    FutureProof

I have spent a bit of time combing through this thread. I'm sure that this is not specifically mentioned. The Liteons vary across the spectrum of affectation with regard to SecuROM in WC3 and later.

At one end, some Litey owners are wondering what all the fuss is about. At the other end, where I am, the settings must be specific.

If you are stumped, the only read settings required are data subs and Regenerate on the read, and buffer underrun on the write. Nothing else, nada. Not even Close last session (if the image is RAW then the disc is closed anyway). You do *not* need audio subs for SecuROM; in fact, selecting this option for WC3 & NWN gives me a coaster.

FUD

(in reply to rwalw)
    Post #: 75
    RE: NeverWinter Nights - 10/4/2002 7:11:42 AM   
    Clint

quote:
    Originally posted by FutureProof

quote:

CD/DVD-ROM's cannot retrieve this ATIP info
    This is true only in general. The Multi Media Command Set instruction "read_atip" can be coded into any chipset by the vendor/manufacturer. Because, in the past, it was a useless instruction for non-burners it *mostly* does not get included in DVD/CD-ROM chipset code. But it *is* in some Pioneer DVD-ROMs (various models) and another brand/model I can't think of off the top of my head.

Quite true, thats why I put:

>If it also crashes in your DVD-ROM, you do not have a perfect copy then (unless your DVD-ROM reads ATIP info...)

Earlier!

(in reply to rwalw)
    Post #: 76
    RE: NeverWinter Nights - 1/14/2003 5:06:39 AM   
    krolrules

All of you guys need to do your homework.......

You don't need fancy software to copy NWN.

If you patched your NWN to version 1.23 or above, it will remove the NWN executable from checking for the SecuROM on the Play CD.

BioWare decided to distribute this patch due to shipping of CD's that were of low grade quality, and ended up scratching to easily. In return of angry customers (LIKE ME) [:(!] , this patch level was made. So here is what you guys need to do....

1. Burn all 3 disks as normal data cd's (I used a lite version of NeroBurning ROM that came with my TDK 5200).

2. Install NWN.

3. Use the updates button on the startup splash screen to download the latest patches.

Play to your hearts content.

Don't thank me for this, thank BioWare

(in reply to rwalw)
    Post #: 77
    RE: NeverWinter Nights - 1/14/2003 5:15:03 AM   
    Tron

If you look at the date of the last post we are way past this problem for months! Gota do your homework and make sure you are not replying to really old posts... LOL....[:p]

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to rwalw)
    Post #: 78
    RE: NeverWinter Nights - 1/14/2003 5:24:31 AM   
    krolrules

Thanks for the warm welcome. I think I'll hit myself over the head now with my boy scout manual and cry to daddy. [^]

(in reply to rwalw)
    Post #: 79
    RE: NeverWinter Nights - 1/14/2003 9:41:06 AM   
    Tron

Welcome to our forum....LOL.... Was just giving you a hard time.... Was meant in good humor, sorry it I offended you.... Many people do that, they forget to look at the date the post was made and all of a sudden we see an answer to a post that is months old. No big deal. You still have your boy scout book?

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to rwalw)
    Post #: 80
    Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: NeverWinter Nights Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI