CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NeverWinter Nights   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1621 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: NeverWinter Nights Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/11/2002 11:26:28 PM   
Tron

I would also try another game with this protection on it. If it can not copy that game then I would send that drive back. It should handle any protection out there on game discs.

Visit www.cdrtimes.net too. Another great place....

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 49
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/24/2002 2:09:02 AM   
mr tweako

try Insektors (in the download section of this webpage)
regards
JB

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 50
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/24/2002 2:44:53 AM   
Tron

Honestly, that liteon drive will make a 1:1 backup! If you can not get it to do it, then the drive MUST be bad.

Visit www.cdrtimes.net too. Another great place....

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 51
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/24/2002 3:25:05 PM   
j00k

quote:

What is strange is that I have that same drive as he does. I just make sure that the "Read Subchannel Data", and "Read Audio Data" are on, and set "Fast Error Skip" to auto with all else off. Then in the write section I make sure that the "Close Disk" and "Do not repair subchannel Data" are marked and then "Amplify weak Sectors" is NOT marked. I left everything to max as far as read and write speeds and mine worked fine.

Tron and Laffin,

Sorry to ask the same question again but I am also trying to backup WC3 with my 24102B (f/w 5S5A). Using CloneCD 3.2.2.1 here are my settings with read/write set at MAX:

Read:
Subchannel Audio: checked
Subchannel Data: checked

Write:
Burn-proof: checked
Don't repair subchannel data: checked
close session: checked

With everything else unchecked, the above settings are just like what you recommended and it's still no go. Could it be that I have to have the latest CloneCD in order to get a perfect backup?

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 52
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/24/2002 4:19:36 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi j00k
All I can suggest is to try The new CLONE CD 4.0.1.10 and as I have said before make sure you install the Game first from the original and then Scan the Original CD with Clony XXL then burn it with the New Clone CD. Then uninstall the game and then install it from the Backup and you should have no problems as long as it is not a hardware problem. Or do it exactly as Tron said earlier in this thread and as we both have said before both methods have made working copies.
I hope this Helps !!!

Laffin Assassin

CD-ROM ---- Consumer Device, Rendered Obsolete in Months !!!
The Definition of an Upgrade: Take old bugs out, put new ones in !!!
What do people mean when they say the computer went down on them ???

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 53
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/24/2002 5:33:37 PM   
j00k

thanks for replying Laffin. I have the same problem as the other guy when I use Clony XXL 2006 to scan WC3, it just says no protection found. From all the forums I've visited, it's safe enough to say the protection is SecuROM 2. Just like the others, I've never had any problems copying other games (except AvP2, which I think was also SecuROM) and this one has me stuck. I can't even make a copy that'll run in my burner.

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 54
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 7/24/2002 5:52:14 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi j00k
Before you use the Scan CD function on Clony make sure you go to the Scan Options and tick Securom *new* on CD and Securom *NEW* on HDD. But like I have already said make sure you install the Game first from the original and then Scan the Original CD with Clony XXL !!!

Laffin Assassin

CD-ROM ---- Consumer Device, Rendered Obsolete in Months !!!
The Definition of an Upgrade: Take old bugs out, put new ones in !!!
What do people mean when they say the computer went down on them ???

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 55
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 8/2/2002 12:29:35 AM   
iratius

I have also tried it with clonecd, 4.0.10 or what ever the newest one is :-) I can not copy neverwinter nights. I have tried everything listed on this forum. I am assuming there is some issue or bug, because when i use clonyxxl to find the copy protection it does not show up as secrurom. It does not find anything, and I did use it just like it said, put in the play disk, play the game, exit then hit next.. this is with a 40125s. Any Ideas?

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 56
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 8/2/2002 11:08:48 AM   
iratius

Ok, with my 40x liteon burner i have not been able to successfuly copy the game. However when i use hide cdr media, it works fine, but i want a 1:1 copy where i do not have to use any external programs. I have tried all the options outlined here and they still do not work.

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 57
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 8/2/2002 9:28:34 PM   
Clint

quote:

Ok, with my 40x liteon burner i have not been able to successfuly copy the game. However when i use hide cdr media, it works fine, but i want a 1:1 copy where i do not have to use any external programs. I have tried all the options outlined here and they still do not work.

Theres no way in the world of getting it to play in any device that retrieves ATIP info (CD-RW drives).

SafeDisc (up to and including) v2.40.010+ and SecuROM checks the media for the Absolute Time In Pre-groove info and if it finds, the application crashes. This doesn't happen on pressed CD's simply because they contain *NO* ATIP info. ATIP is needed on CD-Rs so that burners can detect the medias parameters.

Sorry, the way it is. I have to put up with it too

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 58
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 8/2/2002 11:30:55 PM   
iratius

But other people on this forum have said they have made 1:1 copies that work perfectly. I also tried it in my dvd-rom and it still crashes.

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 59
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 8/3/2002 10:17:53 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Clint
Sorry Mate but I will have to Dissagree I have made a copy with both the TDK 3200e and the TDK 401248b and they will run in any CD without Hide CDR Media ! I don't know about the Lite-on 40x so I cannot comment on weither it will or it won't ! But Tron has also done it on his Lite-on 24x ! And I have just done a Back-up in my New Yamaha CDRW-F1 and that worked like a dream and for all these back-ups I used the settings I posted in this Thread earlier !!!

Laffin Assassin

It's Nice to be Important!!!
But it's more Important to be NICE!!!

(in reply to rwalw)
Post #: 60
RE: NeverWinter Nights - 8/6/2002 4:11:09 AM   
Clint

L.A., are you saying you have a copy of a SecuROM "new" game, and you can play it in a burner (or any ATIP retrieving drive) without "Hide CD-R Media" or other ATIP blocking applications

• Questions? Problems? Search for fast results!

(in reply to rwalw)
    Post #: 61
    RE: NeverWinter Nights - 8/6/2002 4:21:40 AM   
    Clint

quote:

But other people on this forum have said they have made 1:1 copies that work perfectly. I also tried it in my dvd-rom and it still crashes.

If it also crashes in your DVD-ROM, you do not have a perfect copy then (unless your DVD-ROM reads ATIP info...) .

(in reply to rwalw)
    Post #: 62
    RE: NeverWinter Nights - 8/6/2002 5:25:34 AM   
    Laffin Assassin

Hi Clint
    I am not saying I have got a perfect copy I am saying that the copy I have made following the instructions I posted will work in any CD without any patches !!!

Laffin Assassin

New Hardware & Software isn't released it's allowed to escape !!!

(in reply to rwalw)
    Post #: 63
    RE: NeverWinter Nights - 8/6/2002 6:26:51 AM   
    Clint

quote:

Hi Clint
    I am not saying I have got a perfect copy I am saying that the copy I have made following the instructions I posted will work in any CD without any patches !!!

Laffin Assassin

New Hardware & Software isn't released it's allowed to escape !!!

I don't believe your copy of a game with SecuROM v4.76+ or SafeDisc v2.40.010+ can work in a CD-R/RW/DVD Combo drive *without* "Hide CD-R Media" or equivelant enabled....

How come Tron's copy doesn't work in his CD-RW drive *without* "Hide CD-R media" enabled then

[I'm interested in how come your copies "work in any CD" (whatever that means, I'm not quite shure)]

Please teach me the way to defeat ATIP info check, without ATIP blocker applications or patches!

Edited by - Clint on 08/06/2002 06:31:12

(in reply to rwalw)
    Post #: 64
    Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: NeverWinter Nights Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI