CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Going from 98 to XP   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1208 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Going from 98 to XP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Going from 98 to XP - 6/14/2002 9:12:14 PM   
bowhuntr

I just went from Windows 98se to XP Pro. I use Nero most of the time, along with InCD for the packet writing. The problem is this, I can't get InCD to format a CDRW. I have tried 3 or 4 different disks, disabled the built in software for XP, did everything that I can think of. I don't think that it is InCD, because I have tried another packet writer, DLA that comes with Record Now Max. The burner is a Phillips PCRW804. It is working because I have copied disks using Clone CD. I can't figure this one out and I would be thankful for any help that I can get.

Thanks,
bowhuntr

Post #: 1
RE: Going from 98 to XP - 6/15/2002 10:12:37 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi bowhuntr
It could be down to the Windows XP ASPI drivers.
I have just e-mailed you a zip file 250k unpack it into a folder and just follow the instructions and hopefully this will cure your problem.

Laffin Assassin

It's Nice to be Important!!!
But it's more Important to be NICE!!!

(in reply to bowhuntr)
Post #: 2
RE: Going from 98 to XP - 6/18/2002 6:16:36 PM   
CCampbell

If that fails, if this is a fresh install, reinstall the XP OS over the current one. For some reason I've seen on a number of occasions when XP fails to install all of its components properly. ANd this has resovled the issue for a number of customer who recently changed over to XP.

Regards,

Craig

quote:

Hi bowhuntr
It could be down to the Windows XP ASPI drivers.
I have just e-mailed you a zip file 250k unpack it into a folder and just follow the instructions and hopefully this will cure your problem.

Laffin Assassin

It's Nice to be Important!!!
But it's more Important to be NICE!!!

(in reply to bowhuntr)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Going from 98 to XP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI