CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Burning movies to CD-R   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1360 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> Burning movies to CD-R Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Burning movies to CD-R - 5/22/2002 9:24:38 PM   
squeak9798

I heard from a friend that it was possible to burn movies from your computer onto a CD-R, with a regular CD-R/RW burner and have it play in your home dvd player. Is this possible and if so, what program works best. I have an AVI file I burnt to a CD-R, and it plays in my computer but not on my DVD player. I am new to the whole video thing, but I am pretty good with computers, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Post #: 1
RE: Burning movies to CD-R - 5/23/2002 1:14:20 AM   
Tron

Well first off let me say that all DVD players will not play CDRs or CDRWs. Also, most DVD players will play CDRWs better that CDRs, not all but most. You need to see if your DVD player will support it before burning them becase sometimes they will only support certain formats too. I normally use NERO to burn my VCDs and they work on my player quite nicely.

Visit www.cdrtimes.net too. Another great place....

(in reply to squeak9798)
Post #: 2
RE: Burning movies to CD-R - 5/24/2002 6:21:32 PM   
squeak9798

First off, thanks for replying. I burned a CD-R with a few MPEGs on it and it works fine in my DVD player. I used Nero to burn it. I have a few movies on my computer that are AVIs and under 700MB, so they should fit on a regular CD-R. When i try to burn them on Nero, it says it is encoding the file and takes forever. I assume that Nero can't burn the vid as an AVI, and that the only way my DVD player will read it if it is in MPEG-1 or MPEG-2. So is Nero (in simple terms) switching the format so it is readable on my DVD player, and if so will it cause it to take up more space and not fit on one cd. And how long does the encoding process take. If i am wrong, please help me out on how to get it on a CD-R.

(in reply to squeak9798)
Post #: 3
RE: Burning movies to CD-R - 5/24/2002 10:15:09 PM   
john

Of course you can burn DVD format into CD-R media with the proper software. try looking for Sonic's MyDVD will do the job.

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to squeak9798)
Post #: 4
RE: Burning movies to CD-R - 5/24/2002 11:42:53 PM   
Clint

Try this: http://dvd2svcd.doom9.net/

It is called DVD2SVCD. It works exceptional

What it does is rip a DVD movie (which takes ages depending on the power of you CPU) and converting it to SVCD. I have a DVD player that is compatible with SVCD so it's great for me.
It would literilly take me hours to explian the whole process exactly so I suggest reading the FAQ on the link above.
Try thier forum: http://forum.doom9.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=47 for Q&A and other useful tips.

Good luck!

P.S. You also need to have Cinema Craft Encoder or TEMPGenc to encode the MPEG-2 file. (a quick search on google will find 'em)

Edited by - Clint on 05/24/2002 23:45:38

(in reply to squeak9798)
Post #: 5
RE: Burning movies to CD-R - 5/25/2002 2:24:08 AM   
Tron

Ok, if you have an avi that is 700 meg, then what Nero is trying to do is convert it to an mpg file that it can burn it as a VCD. The problem that you are going to run into is that the 700meg AVI will convert to about double that size, and of course Nero will not burn 1400 meg to a disk.... What you need to do is split that avi file in about half and then try to burn it with Nero. Or you can try to convert the avi with TMPGEnc to a MPG and then split it with TMPGEnc and then burn it with NERO. One last thing. It does take Nero a bit of time to convert an AVI so that it can burn it.

Visit www.cdrtimes.net too. Another great place....

(in reply to squeak9798)
Post #: 6
RE: Burning movies to CD-R - 5/28/2002 5:05:50 PM   
thunderburn

clint has the right idea with tweeking you can get vhs quality on one crd of up 2 1 hour 50 mins burn on alot to learn on it though

(in reply to squeak9798)
Post #: 7
RE: Burning movies to CD-R - 5/28/2002 5:09:50 PM   
thunderburn

the cinema craft has a logo on your output file but the speed of processing is twice as fast as tmpgenc. this program to say the least is awsome

(in reply to squeak9798)
Post #: 8
RE: Burning movies to CD-R - 5/29/2002 9:30:08 AM   
Clint

quote:

the cinema craft has a logo on your output file but the speed of processing is twice as fast as tmpgenc. this program to say the least is awsome

No logo if you have the regestered version of CCE 2.50

(in reply to squeak9798)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> Burning movies to CD-R Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI