CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

StarForce Copy Protection System   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1437 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> StarForce Copy Protection System Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
StarForce Copy Protection System - 5/22/2002 4:27:03 AM   
maximano

StarForce Professional

A powerful copy protection to use against illegitimate copying of mass-produced software distributed on CD-ROM. StarForce Professional is mainly intended for software developers, publishers and replication plants.
http://www.star-force.com

Post #: 1
RE: StarForce Copy Protection System - 5/22/2002 5:28:08 AM   
john

Is this what we call "spamm"?

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 2
RE: StarForce Copy Protection System - 5/22/2002 6:49:23 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Oh Well John
If they can put it on we can get it off. I don't know why they bother the same old story still applies if they didn't waist money on pathetic protection and the Publishers charge so much for services and they dropped the price of Programs to a reasonable price which most ordinary people could afford without taking a morgage out they would sell more and no one would need to copy them and everyone would be happy.

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 3
RE: StarForce Copy Protection System - 5/22/2002 9:36:30 AM   
maximano

i jast can't believe in this...it's imposible to protect cd from copy...for example i use only clone cd:)

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 4
RE: StarForce Copy Protection System - 5/22/2002 9:46:03 AM   
burner1000000

quote:

Oh Well John
If they can put it on we can get it off. I don't know why they bother the same old story still applies if they didn't waist money on pathetic protection and the Publishers charge so much for services and they dropped the price of Programs to a reasonable price which most ordinary people could afford without taking a morgage out they would sell more and no one would need to copy them and everyone would be happy.

As much as I would like to agree with you that software is too high, your thinking is rather tortured. Most pirates don't steal because they can't afford to buy the software - they steal because they can. They don't care about the artist or writer of the software. They just want something for free. Sure, they rationalize it. It sounds good to the uninformed, but the truth is everyone wants something for nothing.

If you really wanted prices to lower on CDs, why don't you turn in all the people that make illegal music CDs or software CDs. If everyone did this, prices would go down as there would be no need for copy protection.

Besides, most people don't really need the games, etc. that they steal - they just want them. Whatever happened to "If you can't afford it, you don't need it". Unfortunately, today, everyone thinks that if they want it, then they need it. If you don't like the price of something, don't buy it. Live without it! You don't have to steal it. Stealing software is no different than stealing money from a bank.It's just harder to enforce. You are still taking something that does not belong to you. If the true test of a person is what they do when no one can stop them from doing something, the world is in a sad state.

In conclusion, if software being free or inexpensive would prevent thievery, why does Olli charge for CloneCD and include a registration code to prevent thievery? Isn't the price of CloneCD reasonable? It still doesn't stop people from stealing it.

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 5
RE: StarForce Copy Protection System - 5/22/2002 10:21:23 AM   
Laffin Assassin

I hear what you are saying but I do buy all originals and then back them up for my own use and safety not for anyone else. And as I can see you live in the States where everything is cheaper for you than it is in the UK for us so there is no wonder you are not moaning about the prices. You are proberly Overpayed,Oversexed and glad you are not Overhere. (this was a comment from the second world war not
mean't to be offensive)

And as for your comment "In conclusion, if software being free or inexpensive would prevent thievery, why does Olli charge for CloneCD and include a registration code to prevent thievery? Isn't the price of CloneCD reasonable? It still doesn't stop people from stealing it."

No one mentioned that they expect software for free just a realistic price not enough to make every Publisher Multi-millionaires just a good living is all they should want. It has been mentioned loads of times that Publishers (Not the program programers and designers} charge way over the top for there services most of them are on at least 100% profit so how can you condone that.

Olli charges a realistic price for the best Back-up software on the market and without him how would we back-up our programs that sometimes are on pathetic quality CD's have you tried to get one replaced that when you bought was damaged from your attitude I guess not. I have no respect for anyone that does Pirate software but less respect for the greedy publishers.

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 6
RE: StarForce Copy Protection System - 5/22/2002 12:27:58 PM   
john

Making backups of discs is really important in my opinion. Why? Our NOLF pressed disc has been damaged from the heavy testing with all drives and now its un-usable. Of course its an old game, but we have paid for it and now we cannot use it.

That's a good reason why people should make backups of their discs...

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 7
RE: StarForce Copy Protection System - 5/22/2002 12:43:02 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hey maximano StarForce Professional

Your Comment "i jast can't believe in this...it's imposible to protect cd from copy...for example i use only clone cd":)

My Reply You'd better believe it. If I buy a program on a CD I should have the legal right to make a back-up copy of it for standby and I will, choose what protection they come up I will find a way to protect my purchess with a backup for my own use only. Including Starforce whatever that is and if you work for them send me one and I will send you back a back-up.
Laffin Assassin

Edited by - Laffin Assassin on 05/22/2002 12:45:15

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 8
RE: StarForce Copy Protection System - 5/22/2002 12:48:39 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Well said John that is the point I was trying to get across. And I dread to think if the company who published it would even entertain you in giving you a replacement.

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 9
RE: StarForce Copy Protection System - 5/22/2002 7:17:48 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hey John
Have you noticed this post
http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5125
So its not "Spamm" But what the hell is it do you think he works for them and he is trying to get the only copy they have sold back?

It's Nice to be Importent But is more importent to be NICE!!!

Edited by - Laffin Assassin on 05/22/2002 19:21:49

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 10
RE: StarForce Copy Protection System - 5/22/2002 8:28:54 PM   
john

He did posted the same msg 3 times in row so i thought was a "spamm" message...

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 11
RE: StarForce Copy Protection System - 5/23/2002 1:00:16 AM   
Tron

First off, you can never stop people from copying software. All you can do by turing people in is make a lot of enimies. It is true that if they just stoped spending money on all this copy protection then they could lower the price. Also if nothing was protected most people would not even bother to copy all the stuff and distribute it since it would no longer be fun. Most people try to copy stuff to see if they can. I myself will never stop backing up my software, I have the right to do that. So as long as I need a way to back up my software there is a need for software like CloneCD that can be used by a pirate to copy other software. It is a losing battle. By the way I hear that the new SD3 can be backed up with the liteon drives still.....

Visit www.cdrtimes.net too. Another great place....

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 12
RE: StarForce Copy Protection System - 5/23/2002 3:39:28 AM   
maximano

Hey, Tron!
Where did u hear that "the new SD3 can be backed up with the liteon drives still....."

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 13
RE: StarForce Copy Protection System - 5/23/2002 5:37:05 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Tron
Whats to bet that Plextor cannot do SD3

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 14
RE: StarForce Copy Protection System - 5/23/2002 5:56:18 AM   
Clint

quote:

quote:

Hey maximano StarForce Professional

Your Comment "i jast can't believe in this...it's imposible to protect cd from copy...for example i use only clone cd":)

My Reply You'd better believe it. If I buy a program on a CD I should have the legal right to make a back-up copy of it for standby and I will, choose what protection they come up I will find a way to protect my purchess with a backup for my own use only. Including Starforce whatever that is and if you work for them send me one and I will send you back a back-up.
Laffin Assassin

Edited by - Laffin Assassin on 05/22/2002 12:45:15

Haha, LOL.

@ Laffin, *I BET YOU* that you couldn't make a perfect copy of StarForce CD with any burner, without a p@tch. It is pre-mastered in such a way that backups are *IMPOSSIBLE* (without fixed .exe etc) *AT THIS CURRENT POINT IN TIME*. Even your Yamaha 3200EVK and CCD v4.0.0.1 cannot do this.

I could tell you the reason, but I don't have time to this and it is too complicated to explain in this thread.

This maximano guy seems to be the enemy, trying his best to 'promote' this StarForce sh!t. Please, do not take up space posting about this crap, it *will* be defeated *properly* in the near future (soonish, I hope [but I'm doubtful...])

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 15
RE: StarForce Copy Protection System - 5/23/2002 6:01:23 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Clint
I am glad I Made you smile with the other post that is what it was done for.
As soon as I get my hands on one I will let you know if the Yamaha will do it and if not I will find a way.
Where there is a will there is a way.

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> StarForce Copy Protection System Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI