CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Whats the purpose of this site?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 691 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Users FeedBack >> Whats the purpose of this site? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Whats the purpose of this site? - 9/18/2001 8:00:12 PM   
ACDC

This site is great for getting infos on various hardwares and I appreciate that. Looking at the reviews and editing done on ALOT of CD related hardwares and softwares I can tell its very labor intensive. I'd imagine the CDR discs wasted during the test process can get pretty expensive too. The site does have banners, although its hard to beleive advertisings alone can cover all the operational cost let alone being profitable. What is the purpose of this site(from CREATOR's point of view) and where does this company/organization's revenue come from?

Post #: 1
RE: Whats the purpose of this site? - 9/19/2001 7:28:45 AM   
john

Yes you are correct. Media costs enough money and revenues from banners are not so high as you might expected. Thanks god we have another real job to keep up the site's nice server speed connection.

The purpose of this site i guess is to inform all users about their needs from a recorder. Other sites just want to make reviews of one page and tell everyone "buy it, it has nice colours". Also our goal is to push manufacturers listen to users needs and give us better and cheaper recorders.

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to ACDC)
Post #: 2
RE: Whats the purpose of this site? - 9/26/2001 11:28:58 PM   
netman

good answer, john. something that many users don't realize is that most of the best sites don't generate profits. indeed, they many times don't even pay for themselves. the purpose of this and many other informative sites is simply to provide a service. hard for many people to believe that others would do this without monetary compensation.

(in reply to ACDC)
Post #: 3
RE: Whats the purpose of this site? - 9/27/2001 4:18:15 AM   
john

> that most of the best sites don't generate profits

Things are quite hard now for many sites, since advertise goes very bad. I don't expect users to understand that every month we have to pay bills (good hosting as you may know costs) and also spend enought money buying media, phone bills, etc...

> many times don't even pay for themselves

Correct. From users to users.

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to ACDC)
Post #: 4
RE: Whats the purpose of this site? - 10/20/2001 8:41:59 AM   
katz

john, just wanted to say thanks for a great site. everything is well laid out and very informative. it made choosing a new cd writer mucher easier, and i actually felt confident when installing my new plex 24x. it has definitely lived up to its expectations.
katz

(in reply to ACDC)
Post #: 5
RE: Whats the purpose of this site? - 10/30/2001 12:07:17 AM   
Harry

I'd just like to add my 2 cents worth of appreciation to John and all other participants of CDR-INFO. You've helped this old fossil newbie buy himself a burner and burn blissfully for eternity.
Thanks for helping out and solving many a paradox. Now...if anyone has any info on cooledit pro? Recording from vinyl is no problem but seem to have come across a brickwall when it comes down to splitting tracks even after having read and reread Help. Any help or sites relating to cooledit pro appreciated. Would be a big help if explained in pleb laymans terms.
Thanks Again, Music Lover Harry

(in reply to ACDC)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Users FeedBack >> Whats the purpose of this site? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI