CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

inCD Speed Setting   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1106 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> inCD Speed Setting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
inCD Speed Setting - 4/17/2002 11:53:51 AM   
Mustafa

The manual for inCD (downloaded pdf) shows how to set the speed for inCD. There is no such option shown in the actual inCD software on my machine. I'm currently using 3.24.3 but it the speed setting was not present in earlier versions either. Attempts for format 4X CD-RW's fail with inCD, though faster rated media works fine. The same CDRW works fine for non-packet uses with Nero, which I can set to 4X.

Why is this option missing? Is there a fix?

Post #: 1
RE: inCD Speed Setting - 4/24/2002 8:17:43 PM   
CCampbell

Sorry, it's the Manual that is old.

It refers to our older InCD 1.3 which did have this ability. When we migrated to InCD 1.6 and above, this feature was no longer available.

Why? Not sure at this time, I am trying to find out from our Engineers. Most likely, they assumed everyone would wish to write at maximum speed when doing packet writing.

Regards,

Craig

(in reply to Mustafa)
Post #: 2
RE: inCD Speed Setting - 4/25/2002 10:03:27 PM   
Mustafa

Thanks for replying. I'd appreciate it if you let us know what you learn.
I also hope you might get your tech people to revisit this and to update the manual. (The manual included with an early V3 release on my CD still shows the 1.3 info.) I believe it is making it impossible to use slower rated CDRW's. Do you concur that this is why they are failing?
It seems senselss to have eliminated this option if it precludes using 4x CDRW's which are widely available at discount prices. What about faster rated drives still that may fail with disks rated for other speeds?

(in reply to Mustafa)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> inCD Speed Setting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI