CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

How to CD-RW?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1157 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> How to CD-RW? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to CD-RW? - 1/30/2002 4:50:36 AM   
ZM

GoodDay,

I'm new with CD-RW recording (not CD-R, just CD-RW). Can anyone explain how it works? I have some questions:

[1] Do I need to format, or clean the CDRW before first use? And after the first use?

[2] The laser power is different from burning a CDR to CDRW. Which one is the most powerfull?

[3] Since the laser power is different, how do I tell the software that it's going to burn a CDRW instead of a CDR, so the software can adjust the laser power of the recorder?

[4] If I have a iso or bin image, I can burn it to a CDRW to test if the software (recorded on media) works, and then make a final burn to a CDR. Can I then re-use the CDRW? Making a format or something or what?

[5] How to clean a CDRW to enable it for a new "print"?

Thank you for you'r attention!

ZM

Post #: 1
RE: How to CD-RW? - 1/30/2002 10:17:36 AM   
phop007

Do you mean CD-RW burner or CD-RW Disc, you can use cd-rw disc as cdr disc the difference is cdr can't erase but cd-rw disc can erase.

Creative 1210E (LS3J)
Loveless

(in reply to ZM)
Post #: 2
RE: How to CD-RW? - 1/30/2002 11:39:14 PM   
Tron

That is correct. To use a CDRW disc just put it into the drive and burn it like a normal disc. The advantage is that you can erase it and use it again for something else if you like. The only time you need to format a CDRW disc is if you plan to use that disc for packet writing. Like when you use DirectCD or INCD to write files to it like a big floppy disk. I find packet writing to be crap, and dont do it anymore. The data is unstable and can be lost easy. I just use a CDRW and do multisession with NERO, then once I have a disc that I want to keep, I just burn it to a CDR and erase the CDRW and start over. But hey, to each thier own.....

Visit www.cdrtimes.net too. Another great place....

(in reply to ZM)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> How to CD-RW? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI