CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Trouble copying VCD's   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1563 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> Trouble copying VCD's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trouble copying VCD's - 1/16/2002 10:54:36 AM   
aor5000

Hi, I'm having trouble writing out VCD images that I've read in.

Problem is my DVD player only seems to recognize and play a small number of the VCD's I've burnt. The discs that my DVD player does not recognize play perferctly well in media player.

Can anybody help me with this prob plz.

Post #: 1
RE: Trouble copying VCD's - 1/16/2002 11:34:16 PM   
Tron

Are you copying the vcd from another VCD or are you ripping from a DVD to make a VCD? Reason I ask is I had this trouble when I would use Clonecd to COPY a VCD. The only way I was able to get around this was to take the .dat file off the VCD to my hard drive. Then change the extention to a .mpg file. For example if you have a file called "Harrypotter.dat" you would change it to "Harrypotter.mpg" Then run the burn software, like NERO and create a VCD. It will work fine. I hope I understood your question right. If you are creating VCDs from DVDs and having trouble, then I would sugest using EZCD Creator as your VCD writing software. Other softwares are too forgiving if there is a problem with the .mpg - Windows will play these discs but DVD player wont. but EZCD will not let you make a bad disc as easily. Also might want to try a diff. brand of media, this can also cause the problem.

Visit www.cdrtimes.net too. Another great place....

Edited by - Tron on 01/16/2002 23:39:13

(in reply to aor5000)
Post #: 2
RE: Trouble copying VCD's - 1/17/2002 11:37:28 AM   
aor5000

thanx for the msg m8, yes you are right 1st time the same is happening but if i copy to hd and use nero to make a vcd it works ?? i am coping vcd (copy) to vcd, then my copy loses its vcd ?? it stays vcd format but doesnt work in my dvd ???

(in reply to aor5000)
Post #: 3
RE: Trouble copying VCD's - 1/17/2002 4:26:25 PM   
Tron

The only way I was able to get around this was to take the .dat file off the VCD to my hard drive. Then change the extention to a .mpg file. For example if you have a file called "Harrypotter.dat" you would change it to "Harrypotter.mpg" Then run the burn software, like NERO and create a VCD. It will work fine. Depending on the burn software you use, the dat file could be named anything. I think that if you use NERO the dat file name will be AVSEQ01.dat so you would copy this file and paste to your hard drive. Then Rename it to whatever you like as long as you end it with .mpg instead of the .dat ending. Then start NERO and create a new VCD using this new .mpg file and it will now play on you DVD player. Hope this helps.

Visit www.cdrtimes.net too. Another great place....

(in reply to aor5000)
Post #: 4
RE: Trouble copying VCD's - 1/19/2002 1:14:16 PM   
aor5000

yes this work i know, tip tho, you dont need to change the file from .dat to .mpg with nero ... it works perfect with the .dat file as it is

(in reply to aor5000)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> Trouble copying VCD's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI