CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Which drive will write CD-Text and burn 800MB media?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1661 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Which drive will write CD-Text and burn 800MB media? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which drive will write CD-Text and burn 800MB media? - 5/25/2012 4:09:59 PM   
chrisz78

Recently, I have had a request to provide CDRs to a customer that provide CD-Text facility for titles and artist credits, AND play longer than 80 minutes. My current setup does not support writing CD-Text, but burns 800MB blanks without qualms. The thing is that I don't find many drives currently available that are expressly stated to write CD-Text - the only ones so specified is the Sony Optiarc AD series, but these are just as expressly NOT suitable for burning more than standard-length blanks (they say very bluntly on the Sony website that timings over 80 minutes are not covered by the industry CD standard and therefore will not be supported by their hardware, not even by an optional firmware update).

As I obviously cannot afford to buy a range of different CD/DVD burners just to try whether they actually DO burn 800MB blanks with CD-Text, I'd like to ask if anyone here can confirm/deny for their own burner whether they support these particular features. Only burners currently available are of interest, as I will not buy a second-hand drive.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Which drive will write CD-Text and burn 800MB media? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI