CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: InCD Illegal Request   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1256 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> RE: InCD Illegal Request Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: InCD Illegal Request - 3/6/2003 5:09:35 AM   
KCK

Kiwi:

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Apparently your problem was due to poor CD-RW media.

You may upgrade InCD to 3.52.00b from www.ahead.de (I'm using it on my 98SE box). As for Nero, you may try 5.5.10.15a; in case of problems, you may step back to the earlier version 5.5.10.7b from

ftp://ftp.nero.com/Nero55107b.exe

You should try enabling DMA for your burner; otherwise both reading and writing speeds of your burner will be severely limited.

In general, it's better to use full-erase rather than quick-erase.

You will find more information on InCD under Win98x in the guide

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9597

(in reply to Sor D.)
Post #: 65
RE: InCD Illegal Request - 3/22/2003 8:59:59 PM   
Scubadiver

I received the following InCD error code anytime I tried to format CD-RW (4x) disks: 00a8-0005-0064-0000 . I was also unable to wake my system up from standby mode. After searching everywhere, I reconfigured the DMA settings. I had both the CD-RW and the DVD drives set to UDMA-2. I reconfigured them to PIO-4 and everything works fine now.

I also use the latest Symantec products and they work just fine. Therefore I don't believe that Symantec has an influence as suggested by some. I use Windows 2000 Pro and the very latest Ahead versions of Nero (5.5.10.15a) and InCD (3.5.22.0b).

I hope this helps some of you!
Rudy

(in reply to Sor D.)
Post #: 66
RE: InCD Illegal Request - 3/23/2003 4:14:07 AM   
KCK

Scubadiver:

Without knowing the make and model of your burner, it is hard to assess the significance of your findings. We also don't know which brands of CD-RW media you have tried.

Since you mentioned 4x discs, I guess your burner is quite old, in which case having DMA off needn't hurt. On the other hand, faster burners must have DMA on to attain higher reading and writing speeds. This may require updates of the motherboard's BIOS and chipset drivers.

(in reply to Sor D.)
Post #: 67
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> RE: InCD Illegal Request Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI