CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Help Please-unable to backup safedisk with clonecd   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1381 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Help Please-unable to backup safedisk with clonecd Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help Please-unable to backup safedisk with clonecd - 11/19/2001 9:45:31 AM   
Zeitgeist

Hi all,
I just got my new Plextor 2410! I was anxious to test the burners capabilities, so I loaded the Plextools & the latest version of CloneCD. I successfully burned a backup copy of Disk 1 of MS Flight Simulator 2000 right out of the box (no settings changed from default). I was really excited. I then tried to burn a backup of Disk 2 & it appeared to copy perfectly, but looks were decieving. When trying to load the software, disk 1 loaded fine but when I inserted disk 2 as prompted by the install program, the counter loaded up to 94% & then stopped responding. After waiting 15 mins I had to eject the disk & hit esc in order to stop the lockup. The light on the reader was blinking fast. I tried to burn the disk again using Clony's safedisk recomendations of "Fast error Skip" but the next disk stopped responding at 84%. I've finally turned the read speed down to 4x, kept fast error skip selected & turned the burn speed down to 8x, but the latest copy only loads up to 96% & then freezes.
I've tried my original FS2K disk 2 with my backup disk 1 & the load went without flaw!
I'm stumped - both disks have the same encryption don't they?
Why would one CD of the same set clone properly & the other not?
Also, Clony detects the disks as Safedisk 1, while CloneCD Games Database detects it as safedisk 2 - which is correct? Are the settings the same anyway?
Am I doing something wrong?
Should I set the read speed even lower?
Should I try the new "Amplify Weak Sectors" setting (I'll have to hack the registry since I'm in the US).
Sorry for the long post but I'm at a loss.
Please Help..
Thank you in advance
Z

Post #: 1
RE: Help Please-unable to backup safedisk with clonecd - 11/20/2001 7:44:14 PM   
Zeitgeist

Figured it out.
Thanks for all the help!
NOT
lol
Z

(in reply to Zeitgeist)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Help Please-unable to backup safedisk with clonecd Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI