CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

How to fix "Error loading Operating System"   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1322 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion >> How to fix "Error loading Operating System" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to fix "Error loading Operating System" - 10/8/2008 3:26:23 AM   
killalot57

Hello, I had a very irritating problem, my computer worked fine then one day I tried to boot it up an there was an error message saying "Error loading operating system" I asked several computer professionals and they all suggested that I re-install windows. But I didn't want to lose all my stuff. So I went to google for help but all I found were complicated things about my bios which is way over my head so I tackled the problem myself and fixed it while keeping all my files. This is what I did.

-Boot up off you windows xp installation disk
-when its done loading press "r"
-you should now be at a black screen that looks like the command prompt
-type "fixboot"
-press enter
-restart
-be happy

Please note I got this problem from using a program called "Eraser" and trying to shred my files with the Gutmann Pass, so depending on how your computer was messed up this may not help and I'm sorry if it doesn't.
Post #: 1
RE: How to fix "Error loading Operating System" - 12/28/2008 8:21:23 PM   
saleha5

HI, i am sufferin frm this "ERROR LOADING OS" thingy...n m tryin my best to solve it but i hv no idea at all.. so i searched n i found the easiest way of urs.. but the thing is...i need to ask u tht wht does this means?Boot up off you windows xp installation disk ??ur first step??plz reply me soon....:)thankz

(in reply to killalot57)
Post #: 2
RE: How to fix "Error loading Operating System" - 12/29/2008 7:19:43 PM   
MP3Mogul

Pretty self explanatory.  Insert your ORIGINAL Windows disk in your drive, boot the computer from the Windows disc.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to saleha5)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion >> How to fix "Error loading Operating System" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI