CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

How do I delete deleted files?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1771 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion >> How do I delete deleted files? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I delete deleted files? - 6/26/2008 11:04:01 PM   
killalot57

You know those programs that restore deleted files? I want the opposite, I want a program that will make the files I delete un-recoverable, is that what a file shredder does? also when I use one of those programs for restoring files it says It finds stuff in like the recycler folder and such, but when I look there manually I find nothing. More specifically I was wondering if there was a program that would scan for deleted folders and delete any trace of them, not something that worked automatically, also If A file shredder is what I think it is I wouldn't prefer that because I would find it inconvienent to have to individually delete all my files with it. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: How do I delete deleted files? - 6/27/2008 12:02:44 AM   
SithTracy

Eraser... don't let the site fool you into buying.. it is free software/open source... be careful with it... you can easily do something bad if you don't understand what it is you are doing with it.

(in reply to killalot57)
Post #: 2
RE: How do I delete deleted files? - 6/27/2008 4:10:50 PM   
killalot57

Actually I alread downloaded "Eraser" and tried to use it, but after half an hour of scanning it didn't show any proccess so I gave up.... I probably wasen't even using it right though.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: How do I delete deleted files? - 6/27/2008 4:46:00 PM   
PatM

All you have to do is open Windows Explorer.
Right Click on the file you want to delete and choose "Erase"
It couldn't be simpler.

(in reply to killalot57)
Post #: 4
RE: How do I delete deleted files? - 6/28/2008 12:35:30 AM   
killalot57

Yeah I got that part, but I didn't understand what it was doing when I had it scan my computer, also I can't see most of the deleted files that I want to re-delete in the explorer even when I give full access to like the recycler folder in such.

(in reply to PatM)
Post #: 5
RE: How do I delete deleted files? - 6/28/2008 8:03:55 AM   
SithTracy

It's a free space scan and wipe... it clears the remnants of any past files you have erased from the empty part of the disc... and it take a long time to run... the bigger the hard drive, the more free space you have, the longer the program runs.

(in reply to killalot57)
Post #: 6
RE: How do I delete deleted files? - 6/30/2008 1:49:23 AM   
killalot57

Okay I redownloaded it but this time I was more patient to let it finish and after a few hours it worked like a charm, thanks

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion >> How do I delete deleted files? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI