CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Problems with packet writing   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 955 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: Problems with packet writing Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Problems with packet writing - 12/20/2007 4:24:13 AM   
skhyatt

Well, after rebooting, it doesn't seem to be hogging the processor/resources like it was before. Don't know for sure what was going on, but it is moving pretty good right now. (knock on wood)

(in reply to skhyatt)
Post #: 17
RE: Problems with packet writing - 12/20/2007 6:45:28 PM   
MP3Mogul

Yeah, I agree with you on StartSmart.

I actually was using it in Nero 7, but it's useless in Nero 8, in my humble opinion, so you can choose not to install it, or other items that you don't need when nero is installing just choose CUSTOM and select what you don't want.....

Glad to hear the registry scanner/nero clean combo worked for you...

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to skhyatt)
Post #: 18
RE: Problems with packet writing - 12/22/2007 1:55:55 AM   
skhyatt

Not sure I'm going to upgrade to Nero 8 for sure yet, but closer to a decision and it certainly helps when the software works, which it seems to be doing now. I'm still curious to see what Nero tech support will have to say when/if they reply to my forwards that they requested.

Another question for Mogul. You said that I would get access to the lame mp3 if I upgrade/pay for Nero 8. Why do they not just include it for free with the download since it is free anyway? Also, is the mp3 pro worth paying the extra $$$ for?

For all you that gave suggestions/advice on helping me, most especially ST and Mogul, thanks much.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 19
RE: Problems with packet writing - 12/22/2007 6:47:32 AM   
SithTracy

No, I don't think MP3Pro is worth it.  LAME is a better choice for MP3 IMO... and even better than that is AAC.  Heck, iTunes can encode to both AAC and MP3 and it is free.  I am an iPod nano owner and my car deck can play AAC files, and now, so can our Nintendo Wii.  Very few playback devices can take advantage of MP3Pro, and while MP3Pro will playback on standard MP3 players, the result is a muddy, drowning sound.

You can download EAC and get a LAME dll and encode your CD's with that for free as well.... or dBpoweramp, CDex, Audacity, AudioGrabber... your free choices are almost endless.

Now, I do own Nero 8... I just don't have it installed.  They have yet to work out their product when running SATA in AHCI mode.  I've pretty much lost hope in that happening since v7 had the same issue.

Nero is less valuable to me now since I use ImgBurn for most of my burning needs (data cd's and data/video DVD's).  I still use a classic app for my audio CD burning needs:  Golden Hawk CDRWIN.  I'll praise ImgBurn all day, but won't recommend CDRWIN... while I still use it, updates to fully support new drives are few and far between.  Also, both take some reading to know how to use.  Want a quick and easy way to burn audio CD's of almost any file format?  Try Burrrn.

Happy Holidays!

Sith

(in reply to skhyatt)
Post #: 20
RE: Problems with packet writing - 12/22/2007 1:48:42 PM   
MP3Mogul

You do get it for free, you just send them an email and then send you a license for it.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 21
RE: Problems with packet writing - 12/22/2007 2:12:03 PM   
SithTracy

quote:

You do get it for free, you just send them an email and then send you a license for it.
For the LAME encoder, not for the MP3Pro, right?

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 22
RE: Problems with packet writing - 12/23/2007 11:24:21 AM   
MP3Mogul

That's right, for LAME.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 23
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: Problems with packet writing Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI