CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Problem with NEC ND-3540 (FW 1.04)!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 935 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Problem with NEC ND-3540 (FW 1.04)! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with NEC ND-3540 (FW 1.04)! - 8/15/2007 3:27:42 PM   
Sniegius

Please help, my drive closes and reopens again and stays so when I push button to close it... This fault happened at one night when PC suddenly turned on WITHOUT SCHEDULE, ITSELF! And TRAY OPENED, mystically..(???) Power surge?? So I can't work with it anymore. It is recognized finely (as external USB drive too). I also tried reparing by pressing through emergency hole when it is powered off... : nothing's changed. Hope that some of you have encountered same issue and solved it somehow. 

< Message edited by Sniegius -- 8/15/2007 3:30:16 PM >

Per Aspera Ad Astra (?)
Post #: 1
RE: Problem with NEC ND-3540 (FW 1.04)! - 8/15/2007 4:09:02 PM   
SithTracy

Don't own a NEC drive anymore, but Liggy & Dee at CDFreaks forums may have a suggestion.  They are NEC/Optiarc drive experts and produce better firmware (arguably) for the drives than NEC.

That said, you may want to try to reflash the drives firmware with one of their firmware hack tools.

(in reply to Sniegius)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem with NEC ND-3540 (FW 1.04)! - 8/20/2007 9:59:50 AM   
Sniegius

Hello. I haven't solved it yet, so sorry... Nothings helped, nor FW reverting to orig. 1.03, nor upgrading to modified 1.04. Likely hardware problem. Thank You though!

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Problem with NEC ND-3540 (FW 1.04)! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI