CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

SOS! need data on unfinalized Cd   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1690 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> SOS! need data on unfinalized Cd Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SOS! need data on unfinalized Cd - 7/18/2007 6:54:44 AM   
alicassels

Hi, I know very little about computers etc. but know I’m completely f* unless I can get the info of a CD-RW that was not finalised.

2 weeks ago I was burgled and my laptop stolen. a hard hit as I am a freelancer so lost allot of work. Anyway, to add insult to injury my most important back up CD (a whole lots o work, images & records) won't read. I've had a couple of people look at it and apparently it is not 'finalized'.

I’m in a pickle as I don’t really know what this means and how (if I can) fix it. The new laptop I got (Toshiba Satellite A200 – with vista) is driving me buts with issues with Office 2007 and it won’t read the CD

Anyone who reads this will probably think I’m just a stupid chick but I’m getting desperate and need a idiot proof answer or solution t o my problem if anyone is kind enough to offer me some help!

Many thanks for any responses!!

ali :o)
Post #: 1
P.S re. SOS! need data on unfinalized Cd - 7/18/2007 6:58:36 AM   
alicassels

P.s as i don't have my old laptop (which i burned the CD on) or the programme that burned it i don't supose i can finalize it after the fact. i actually don't know what programme i used to burn it but was running office 2003 and jsut right clicked files and sent them to CD for writing. annote would pop up saying files were waiting to be writed to CD and then i would just start to burn them. this is the first time a CD hasn't finalized. I have a tonne of other CD's that read fine but murphys law being as it was that day, insured that the one i really need is the one thats not reading!

(in reply to alicassels)
Post #: 2
RE: P.S re. SOS! need data on unfinalized Cd - 7/18/2007 11:51:55 AM   
SithTracy

Try IsoBuster... if you added data to the CD with a packet writing program (i.e. InCD, DirectCD... drag and drop to cd), you'll need to buy the program to recover the data.  Free mode won't work for you.

(in reply to alicassels)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> SOS! need data on unfinalized Cd Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI