CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

IBM xSeries ServerRaid 4MX Ultra Contoller   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1457 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> General Hardware Issues >> IBM xSeries ServerRaid 4MX Ultra Contoller Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IBM xSeries ServerRaid 4MX Ultra Contoller - 7/6/2007 3:33:38 PM   
dayala

Hi Everyone

Our IBM xSeries 255 ServerRaid 4MX Ultra Controller seems to have gone bad and we are attempting to replace it with the Single Channel Controller Card 4LX question is will we lose all the data stored across the raid when the 4LX Controller is configured during setup.

thanks for any tech support.

ps: we don't know the configuration of the board that went bad.

< Message edited by dayala -- 7/6/2007 3:34:16 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: IBM xSeries ServerRaid 4MX Ultra Contoller - 7/7/2007 7:36:58 AM   
SithTracy

This is not the best place to ask for help on corporate RAID problems.

I suggest going to IBM for support on your problem.  The obvious thing here is you need determine the RAID settings... You have to ask yourself , "Does the new card offer the same options as the old/defective one?".  Also, in a corporate environment, I hope you had backups.

The data will remain on the discs (not sure what RAID you were using, and assuming the bad RAID card did not corrupt the data), the bottom line is you need to match the configuration.  The forums at 2cpu.com may be a better place for you.

Best of luck.

(in reply to dayala)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> General Hardware Issues >> IBM xSeries ServerRaid 4MX Ultra Contoller Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI