CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S Comm Errors   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 733 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S Comm Errors Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S Comm Errors - 6/21/2007 11:19:27 PM   
blarochelle

Man, finding a fix to a problem can be nerve-wracking!  Hope someone can help. 
I have a LITE-ON  DVDRW SOHW-1633S combo drive that's been working fine until today.  All of the sudden, I get a "communication failed" and the software (Nero Ultra Edition 6) aborts the write.  Fortunately, I have two "combo" drives on this machine and they're both presenting with the same problem.  So, I assume that it's not the drive(s).  That would be too cooincidental.  I've checked all the usual stuff: cables, power, disc media, etc.  Also, I have not been able to find tis problem (or fix) in the many Tech forums that I've checked.
I'll give you all the specs first;
CD-ROM: LITE-ON  DVDRW SOHW-1633S\Version: BS0S - HA 1 TA 0 - 6.6.0.13
Adapter driver: atapi,   HA 1 , atapi Port 1 ID 0  DMA: On

The OPTORITE DVD RW DD0203 specs are similar (`cept it's the slave on this IDE channel)
atapi Port 1 ID 1  DMA: On
I'd like to post the Nero log for anyone up to the challenge, but this forum won't accept text files.  If you think you can help, just reply and I can email the files.  I'd like someone to be able to tell me that these drives are well and truly "Tango-Uniform" before I go out and buy new ones.  Can anyone help?!  Thanks in advance.

Brian LaRochelle
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S Comm Errors Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI