CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

XP forgot that it has a burner   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1614 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> XP forgot that it has a burner Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
XP forgot that it has a burner - 4/12/2004 11:57:59 AM   
chivesthebutler

The recording tab on the properties for my NEC DVD+RW drive is no more. I did a restore (to a point far, far before it broke), repair-installed the operating system, installed an ASPI fix that I found on this site -- more software is working (including the program that came with my Dell 4600, Sonic RecordNow!) except the windows drag-and-drop burning software which used to be integrated into explorer. So, anyone have any ideas? I'm very open to a remote assistance if anyone is a sort of CD-R genius. Any info you guys need let me know.
Post #: 1
[Deleted] - 4/12/2004 2:11:21 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to chivesthebutler)
  Post #: 2
RE: XP forgot that it has a burner - 4/12/2004 2:15:28 PM   
vbguru_12000

You could also try a Windows Update and upgrade the firmware for the drive. Also, how old is the drive?

I'm no longer afiliated with this forum. If you need professional help find me at http://digital-burn.net

Post #: 3
RE: XP forgot that it has a burner - 4/12/2004 4:46:17 PM   
MP3Mogul

So if I understand this correctly, you have some burning software that is working now with the drive, just "NOT" the built in WinXP IMAPI Burning "drag and drop" software?

I would NEVER use it anyway, I would disable the IMAPI burning software, and if you "need" packet writing, which by in itself, is VERY unstable, I would suggest DirectCD or InCD, and I would suggest InCD over DirectCD.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

Post #: 4
RE: XP forgot that it has a burner - 4/12/2004 6:19:54 PM   
chivesthebutler

hio-

the windows-based software isn't working, and windows (as in the properties for the drive) doesn't recognize it as a burner - no "recording" tab in the props. window. it's a very new NEC DVD+RW which came with my dell 4600 and it works with the Recordnow and SonicDLA programs ... it's just the microsoft thing. it's more of an extreme annoyance at microsoft and the OS than it is an actual snag... but if anyone knows how to get the recording tab to come back, it would be helpful. and, no - the firmware on dell's website is only for an older version of the driver. thanks to dell and their wonderful outsourced tech support ... just had to tell the guy coming to repair it that its definitely NOT a hardware problem. so, that's the lowdown.

Post #: 5
RE: XP forgot that it has a burner - 4/12/2004 8:23:32 PM   
MP3Mogul

Go into your device manager, and delete the IDE Channel that this drive is on, if it is on your secondary channel, DELETE the channel, then reboot windows and let it find it...

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

Post #: 6
RE: XP forgot that it has a burner - 5/11/2004 3:41:40 AM   
Clint

quote:

ORIGINAL: MP3Mogul

Go into your device manager, and delete the IDE Channel that this drive is on, if it is on your secondary channel, DELETE the channel, then reboot windows and let it find it...

Thats the way to do it.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> XP forgot that it has a burner Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI