CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Would like to make some Ghost CDs - bootable   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 891 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Would like to make some Ghost CDs - bootable Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Would like to make some Ghost CDs - bootable - 5/23/2006 6:05:27 AM   
boe

Hello,

Many systems I work on don't have floppies any more.  I've yet to successfully do this but I'd love to make a boot CD for ghost. 
1. I'd like one to boot to dos and load ghost so that I could clone to hard drives.  
2.  I'd like to make a bootable CD that gets me to a Windows 2003 server through the network card.  We'll assume it is the intel 1000 CT (most of my PCs have that card)

I'm currently running the latest version of Nero,  I'm running Windows XP SP2.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Would like to make some Ghost CDs - bootable - 5/29/2006 7:41:05 AM   
emperor

there are several pre-made boot CDs that could enable you such functions, like Hirens Boot Disc

(in reply to boe)
Post #: 2
RE: Would like to make some Ghost CDs - bootable - 6/21/2006 1:51:18 AM   
mrspiffyca

You can do it with Nero or any burning program that makes a bootable CD. Just make a Ghost floppy and leave it in Drive A. Then make a bootable CD with your burning software. Nero prompts for a location of the boot file. Choose the boot file on drive A , then add the rest of the files to your compililation and burn. You now have a bootable ghost.exe CD. Also, if you are running ghost.exe from a floppy, you can can make a bootable DVD restoration disc this way. When creating the DVD, you will be asked if you want to make the disc bootable and is there a boot file in drive A. When you're done you can boot into Ghost with the DVD then restore from the image on the same disc.

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Would like to make some Ghost CDs - bootable Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI