CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Going back to OEM firmware??   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1004 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> NEC >> Going back to OEM firmware?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Going back to OEM firmware?? - 2/24/2006 1:28:45 AM   
ebega

I have a used NEC ND-3520a I got from a friend.  It looks like he flashed it with the Freecom 3.40 firmware, but I want to go back to the OEM firmware.  However, everytime I attempt to flash with NEC's 3.06 firmware, I get an error that says that "NEC ND-3520a cannot be found" (or something to that effect).  How can I go about flashing the OEM firmware?  Also, is there a firmware version that will allow me to change the booktype of a DVD+R to DVD-Rom?  Thanks in advance and I apologize ahead of time for the newbie questions.
Post #: 1
RE: Going back to OEM firmware?? - 2/24/2006 1:48:44 AM   
Antonio

Which flasher do you use?

salute proffessionista!

(in reply to ebega)
Post #: 2
RE: Going back to OEM firmware?? - 2/24/2006 12:37:15 PM   
ebega

I'm still really new to flashing and wasn't aware there are various flashers.  When I go to device manager, the drive registers as Freecom_DVD+/-RW16B6, not NEC..., I download the firmware and attempt to flash using the .exe file supplied by NEC (from NEC's website).  Because it is coming up as a "Freecom" drive it will not continue.  Is there another flasher I could use to flash this drive back to NEC firmware?

edit: I think I got it figured out....I first saved the firmware as a .bin file with NECDump and then flashed with BinFlash (gui).  Is this a safe method?  Should I have done something different?  Everything works great....I guess I was looking in all the wrong places for info last night.  This site is great and I will be returning often for more info.  Thanks for all the help guys.

< Message edited by ebega -- 2/24/2006 1:31:45 PM >

(in reply to Antonio)
Post #: 3
RE: Going back to OEM firmware?? - 2/25/2006 5:29:57 AM   
Antonio

Yeap that's a safe way to go.

salute proffessionista!

(in reply to ebega)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> NEC >> Going back to OEM firmware?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI