CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

UAService7 - Sony Protection   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1097 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> UAService7 - Sony Protection Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
UAService7 - Sony Protection - 2/16/2006 1:18:46 PM   
Esskie

Just the other night I stuck a copy of Big Momma's House 2 in to copy, bearing in mind that it was a copy anyway.
Much to my bemusement, PowerDVD, Nero, DVD-DeCrypter & pretty much anything else I tried not only wouldn't play the disc but reported the disc as being empty!?.

Then I found a file in my windoze folder called UAService7.exe after banashing this file to the depths of my trash bin, guess what?.... PowerDVD plays it & DVD-DeCrypter was able to 'see' the *.VOBs & *.IFO files on the disk.
However I'm concerned that the file may return?, sometimes these things happen as you'll know but I just wondered how many others have came across this file and if anyone perhaps knows where it came from?.

Regards, Esskie

Catch 22
It's all swings and roundabouts....

Post #: 1
RE: UAService7 - Sony Protection - 2/16/2006 1:48:06 PM   
Antonio

DVD Decrypterhas been closed down so there are no new updates for it. DVD Fab Decrypter is the new one which can handle all protections.

salute proffessionista!

(in reply to Esskie)
Post #: 2
RE: UAService7 - Sony Protection - 2/16/2006 5:02:42 PM   
Esskie

Hi Antonio my friend,
Hope you are well , After I deleted the UAService7.exe file from my windows folder I am now able to play and copy it fine.
I used DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 to rip it in the end, I also have DVD Fab Decrypter & DVD-Shrink here too, both are good programs.

I just wondered if anyone else had seen the UAService7.exe file and what program may have installed onto my hard drive.
Problem solved though

Regards, Esskie

Catch 22

(in reply to Antonio)
Post #: 3
RE: UAService7 - Sony Protection - 2/16/2006 5:31:39 PM   
MP3Mogul

Strange you say you made a "COPY" of Big Mama's House-2 as it's still in the theater's and has not been released to DVD!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Esskie)
Post #: 4
RE: UAService7 - Sony Protection - 2/16/2006 10:42:36 PM   
Clint

Perhaps he obtained a watermarked 'screener' DVD meant for execs...

If you did obtain a pressed DVD pre-release it would not suprise me that it would have system-level driver installs as part of anti-piracy measures to prevent the image being flooded on torrents etc...
These can simply be by-passed by not using auto-run (hold Shift) when inserting or having new revisions of AnyDVD running before insertion.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 5
RE: UAService7 - Sony Protection - 2/17/2006 4:26:32 AM   
Esskie

I don't know where it originated from at all? but it's on one of those Tuff Disc DVD-Rs. Also the quality isn't exactly the best.
IMHO it's a, what I call 'UCI-Cam' if you follow?.

It looks like a case of someone having had the masking tape out......, I mean you don't get a 'rub down' when you go in to watch a movie at the flix & with technology producing ever decreasingly sized equipment thesedays.
It's got the DivX logo in the bottom corner of the screen btw. I see folks round my neck of the woods with UCI-Cam rips a lot, I only wish I could source them, then again what I don't know in this case won't hurt me.

Clint- I wish I had a contact to obtain such things my friend but alas I haven't.

Incidentially back to this UAService7.exe, that file was in my windows folder before I obtained this rip so it didn't come from there. I'd just like to know where that particular file could have came from?.
Maybe from some game I've installed or something?. I'd really like to know how/where it ended up on my HD?. I only noticed it being there this week. 

Oh, btw, an older version (3.0.0.3) of DVD Decrypter ripped it when 3.5.4.0 reported the drive being empty, it was only after deleting the UAService7 file that 3.5.4.0 (and my other ripping apps) could manage to see the files on the disc.

I'm using a LG 4167B.

I'm gonna end there before I talk myself into trouble!!

Regards, Esskie

Btw it's all over the place see removed

< Message edited by Clint -- 2/17/2006 12:25:57 PM >

Catch 22

(in reply to Clint)
Post #: 6
RE: UAService7 - Sony Protection - 2/17/2006 5:16:30 AM   
MP3Mogul

Yes, because what you are doing is "EXTREMELY ILLEGAL"

Please do not mention or ask for such help with your illegal activities on the board.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Esskie)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> UAService7 - Sony Protection Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI