CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

IBM IntelliStation E Pro (Type 6214) and booting devices sequence   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1383 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Motherboards/CPU >> IBM IntelliStation E Pro (Type 6214) and booting devices sequence Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IBM IntelliStation E Pro (Type 6214) and booting device... - 1/15/2006 3:20:10 PM   
zillah

I have got this PC:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=ibm&lndocid=MIGR-39510
I am not sure what type of BOIS does it have.
Each PC (At work we have got many)has got two HDs,,,,,,Master (Segate) and Slave (Western Digital) connected to one ribbon cable to IDE0,,,,and CD Rom connected to IDE1.
When I booted the system there are two option
Press F1 for setup
Press F12 for startup Device Menu.

If I choose F1 for Setup,,,,I have many options,,,,under "Devices" --> "IDE Drives Setup"  :
IDE Drive 0
IDE Drive 1
IDE Drive 2
IDE Drive 3
IDE Drive 0 and IDE Drive 1 for HDs master and slave respectively,,,,, IDE Drive 2 for CD Rom.
How can I change the order of the booting devices,,,, IDE Drive 1 before IDE Drive 0 ?,,,because I can not see any option in the BIOS to help me out.
Post #: 1
RE: IBM IntelliStation E Pro (Type 6214) and booting de... - 1/16/2006 3:26:33 AM   
emperor

there should be some kind of help option at the BIOS, try the up/down arrow or +/- at the keypad

(in reply to zillah)
Post #: 2
RE: IBM IntelliStation E Pro (Type 6214) and booting de... - 1/16/2006 3:34:24 AM   
zillah

It should not be that difficult  to find help,,,like my motherbaord at home I can find that easly,,,but at work I have been playing with all possibility with out any luck.

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Motherboards/CPU >> IBM IntelliStation E Pro (Type 6214) and booting devices sequence Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI