CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

no modchip   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 956 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> no modchip Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
no modchip - 1/3/2004 10:29:57 PM   
mtrivs

I have looked at several mod chips and have comne to the conclusion that i can't solder the chip in myself... so i am either going to do the slide card method, or find a place to solder the chip in. I live in New York. If anybody knows anything about the slide card method or about where i can send my ps2 in the us, please let me know...

I just bought a I/O magic 4X dual format dvd burner and was wondering what type of dvd-r media i should use to back-up ps2 games. Someone told me that the I/O Magic drive i purchased is actually the optorite DD0203 drive. So if anybody knows anything about any of this plaese reply!!

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: no modchip - 1/3/2004 10:36:16 PM   
coldfusion11

go to this site: http://www.blank-cd-cdr.com they have really cheap dvd-r's that are good. u can get a 4x generic brand dvd-r for about 17-18 bucks....REALLY good deal. Verbatim is a good brand and so is Ritek and Princo. I use a program called UltraISO to make my images and then i use Nero Burning ROM 6 to burn the image to a dvd-r.

(in reply to mtrivs)
Post #: 2
RE: no modchip - 1/3/2004 10:38:24 PM   
coldfusion11

I recommend getting the swap discs and either the flip top case or the slide card...the card doesnt wreck anything unless u get careless while opening and closing the drive...but the flip top is just a new case for ur PS2 and then u dont have to slide ur tray.

(in reply to mtrivs)
Post #: 3
RE: no modchip - 1/3/2004 11:04:38 PM   
mtrivs

Thanks! - coldfusion, do you use the swap disks, slide card, or the flip top method?

What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.
-Bob Dylan

(in reply to mtrivs)
Post #: 4
RE: no modchip - 1/4/2004 12:41:01 AM   
coldfusion11

i am planning on getting the swap discs with the slide card soon my friend has them and they work great!.

-Andrew-

(in reply to mtrivs)
Post #: 5
RE: no modchip - 1/5/2004 3:54:02 AM   
mtrivs

Thank you!
Andrew(coldfusion11,
Do you think that if i bought the swapmagic disks, i would be able to burn them and give them to a friend....He would then buy the replacement slid card so he could do the same thing..

What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.
-Bob Dylan

(in reply to mtrivs)
Post #: 6
RE: no modchip - 1/7/2004 4:37:10 PM   
coldfusion11

well you need the swap discs to act as a boot disc and the slide card to maually open the drive so your friend has to have both the cd an dvd discs and the slide card.

-Andrew-

(in reply to mtrivs)
Post #: 7
RE: no modchip - 1/7/2004 4:38:38 PM   
coldfusion11

you cannot burn the swap magic discs because they empty sectors and stuff on them on purpose and most all dvd recorders will try and fill the empty sectors so you cannot burn them...sorry

(in reply to mtrivs)
Post #: 8
RE: no modchip - 1/8/2004 2:20:05 AM   
MP3Mogul

quote:
Thank you!
Andrew(coldfusion11,
Do you think that if i bought the swapmagic disks, i would be able to burn them and give them to a friend....He would then buy the replacement slid card so he could do the same thing..

Mtrivis! You have PREVIOUSLY been warned about posting ILLEGAL information on this board! Copying a piece of software and giving it to someone is ILLEGAL! Please, refrain from mentioning this activity on the board.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to mtrivs)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> no modchip Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread