CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

packet writing unreliable?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1285 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> packet writing unreliable? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
packet writing unreliable? - 12/29/2003 3:38:37 AM   
hunter007

i use InCD for backup my data, after i read the following in a forum, i am quite worry, is it true? i dont use single burn and closed as it's not convenient. thx.

======================================
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,8908905~mode=flat#8912217
You may want to stick with avoiding packet writing. It tends to be unreliable, and much more then once I've seen a disk that was perfectly readable one minute, be unreadable the next, never mind CD drives that never open until you reboot, system errors, etc. I haven't used EZCD 6 and it's Direct CD, so maybe they have improved upon it, but I would never backup anything I cared about using packet writing. CDRs, DVD-R/RW and even CDRWs created with a single burn and closed, are the most reliable method of backing up. I don't think it is a coincidence that XP does this and nothing else.
Post #: 1
RE: packet writing unreliable? - 12/29/2003 4:04:16 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi hunter007 and Welcome to Our Forum !!!
Well it is certainly true about Easy CD Coaster Writer my own opinion is to avoid them like the Plague but Nero are always working to improve InCD and it is quite good but with the prices of CDR dropping like it has over the last couple of years it is much safer to use them instead of CDRW but as I have said that is only my own opinion !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to hunter007)
Post #: 2
RE: packet writing unreliable? - 1/1/2004 5:17:19 PM   
sp

If you want to use packet-writing reliably, and in general to be sure your now readable rewritable disc will stay readable in the forseable future you will need the advanced error-correcting capabilities of DVD-RAM.

I am hearing cheaper DVD-RAM drives to be offered by a few corean makers, hence you might try them.

WM # CI

(in reply to hunter007)
Post #: 3
RE: packet writing unreliable? - 1/18/2004 5:03:56 PM   
dburg

I agree that DVD-RAM is the (very) safe solution for packet-writing. If you can afford it and have usage of ~4 Go media for transporting or storing data that you want to update frequently, packet writing should be appropriate.

David Burg
Software Development,
InCD Project Leader

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299

email: dburg@nero.com
http://www.nero.com

(in reply to hunter007)
Post #: 4
RE: packet writing unreliable? - 1/27/2004 8:47:22 PM   
sp

Dear David, I think the newer drives by the Coreans based on Toshiba and Hitachi chipsets will make DVD-RAM a standard feature even for the cheaper DVD recorders.

WM # CI

(in reply to hunter007)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> packet writing unreliable? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI