CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1214 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 4/30/2006 12:19:49 PM   
DaveMode

I'd thought I'd chime in as yet another user with skipping problems since converting to Nero 7.

First of all, regardless of weather this is being caused by a hardware conflict, software conflict, or whatever: This is definitely Nero's fault.  It's their responsibility to ensure their software works on a wide number of systems before they decide to sell it for money.  The fact that they are unable to reproduce the problem is an unfortunate window into their incompetence.  I have had zero skips with audio discs using other products like iTunes, WMP, etc.

With that said, I'd like to thank gsxr for uploading his Nero 6 dll files.  I replaced these files with the ones in my c:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Audio Plugins.  I didn't reboot... just started up my copy of Nero 7 and burned a disc without skips.  (This was a disc I had just burned yesterday, and that copy did have skips)

I hope this helps us "1%ers" who are having problems.

< Message edited by DaveMode -- 4/30/2006 12:21:09 PM >

(in reply to Hicksey)
Post #: 97
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 4/30/2006 3:19:27 PM   
MP3Mogul

It was tested on THOUSANDS of systems without problems, and there are just a "few" that have problems..... Unless the problem can be duplicated, it can't be fixed.... and Nero cannot duplicate the issue.

You "DO KNOW" you can be held liable for slandering a company I guess.

You do "NOT" know it is Nero's fault either.  This is probably some rogue driver or program installed.  I as well as hundreds of thousands of other users have not experienced any problem whatsoever.

Please keep your "negative" comments to yourself.  Posting of your nature does not promote free thinking, ideas, solutions, nor is it helpful to the rest of the users, and the board.

< Message edited by MP3Mogul -- 4/30/2006 3:20:46 PM >

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to DaveMode)
Post #: 98
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 4/30/2006 9:21:53 PM   
DaveMode

Oh right, I'm "slandering" a company because I paid hard earnerd cash for a defective product.  The people at Ahead/Nero are more than welcome to come to my home and install Nero 7 to witness the skips themselves.... s**t, I'll be happy to host the .wav files wherever they want if they need to see what's up.

Obviously, MP3Mogul ,you haven't experienced this problem yourself... so props to you... I guess you're more 1337 than me.  My "negative" comments were simply posted to show the viewers of this little thread that I had fixed my problems (and probably they could fix theirs too). 

< Message edited by DaveMode -- 4/30/2006 10:19:55 PM >

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 99
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 5/1/2006 3:33:55 AM   
Hicksey

Don't worry about the repost.  I gave up and returned the software.

I don't get it. Every other version of Nero burns fine except 7.  Roxio 6, 7 and 8 all burn fine.  Windows Media Player burns fine.  There's no good reason why Nero 7 cannot perform as well as the others do.  I even tried 5 different mp3pro.dll files to no avail.

IMHO these issues should be solved before release and if not before then shortly afterward.

(in reply to Hicksey)
Post #: 100
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 5/2/2006 2:49:55 PM   
RangerLG

There is obviously an issue somewhere.  Why has Ahead updated the mp3pro.dll file twice now since Nero 7 was released.  I don't notice in the release notes if it says why.  Also, to those who are having issues (me included), was this an upgrade or did you uninstall the old version and put a new one on?  I completely uninstalled my Nero 6, even deleted any Nero and Ahead references in my registry, before I installed 7.  The bottom line from my standpoint, when I convert an mp3 to a wav, I get noticeable skips until I reverted back to my old mp3pro.dll file.  I have an older machine here with only a 266FSB, but I have seen others with faster machines having issues as well.  You can't discount the people who are having problems because they will be the most vocal and spread their problems with the masses.  That will start to turn people off to Nero.  Instead of Ahead saying we can't reproduce the problem, they should be asking people to submit their converted files to hear for themselves.

Edit:  I see there is a version 7.2.0.3b that was release 4/27.  Anyone tried this?

< Message edited by RangerLG -- 5/2/2006 2:54:00 PM >

(in reply to Hicksey)
Post #: 101
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 5/2/2006 5:38:27 PM   
MP3Mogul

Yes, SOME people have problems.

Sending the file does absolutely no good... you can't listen to an audio file and know if there is a problem, and if there is, where the problem is.

The fact is... No one, NO-ONE has be able to reproduce this so called bug... it is only with a few users, not scores of them.  I have been in close contact with the good folks at Nero, and they are aware that some people have reported this problem, but they cannot reproduce it, even on machines with the same hardware...

Yes, it's frustrating, I must agree... but I cannot help, as I have never had the problem.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to RangerLG)
Post #: 102
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 5/3/2006 12:36:56 AM   
jose_10000

Hello, I have been following this thread for some time and decided to give back, at least a little bit.  There is definetly a problem with the latest versions of mp3pro.dll, if there wasn't, then you wouldn't been able to fix the skipping problem by downgrading the version of the dll file.  This is what I have been able to notice so far:

- Version 2.0.5.1, 2.0.5.0 and 2.0.4.7 cause skipping problems.
- Skipping problems happen in a specific part of the song.  For me, it has always happened at the same time on each file.  It has never happened one time and then not on another time, if the file were the same.  For example, Metallica's "Sad But True" skipps on 31 second in my mp3 file every time I try to make a CD, while in neither one the "Phantom of the Opera" songs a skipping happens.
- Version 2.0.3.0 has not problem at all (you can find it at Nero 6.0.6.13).
- Version 2.0.4.0 has no skipping problems, but causes problems with previewing of songs (the time counter doesn't increase) and the label creation (instead of using the "Title" of the tag, it uses the file name).

I hope this helps a bit.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 103
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 5/3/2006 6:06:05 AM   
MP3Mogul

None of the versions cause any skipping for me at all.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to jose_10000)
Post #: 104
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 5/3/2006 12:39:16 PM   
Hicksey

I've tried everything.  I even did a clean reinstall of windows xp, updated all my drivers, and when that didn't work I reintstalled again and reverted back to my old drivers and burning in between installing each one trying to find the culprit.  I tried the fix noted here (reverting back to the old mp3pro.dll file) and that didn't help. I don't know what else I could have done.  I have spent countless hours trying to get it to work.  There comes a time where you simply decide to cut your losses and return the product and that time came for me after investing nearly 15 hours installing and reinstalling, software, hardware and OS.

All I can say is that Ahead had better do something, because they're tunring a lot of people like me off.  IMHO when they tell me that they can't confirm the problem I just described to them exists over and over again, that sounds like incompetence -- not technical support.  Hell, once I told them what all I had done before calling them they couldn't even come up with anything else to try.

Considering I've tried about 10 different burning applications and Nero7 is the only one to produce this problem, that the problem is with Nero and not with my computer.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 105
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 5/3/2006 3:24:22 PM   
MP3Mogul

Yep, still not a single problem here...

Have 14 Employees that work for me, all have Nero 7 (latest release) and none have the problem.

Sorry you couldn't get things to work out for you.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to Hicksey)
Post #: 106
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 5/4/2006 9:34:46 AM   
matter

Count me and my girlfriend in as to having the skipping problem since using Nero 7. Grhhh... we have tried 4 different CD medias thinking that was the problem. Guess this 2 month old problem has taught us a lesson, dont assume a software will work as it has in the past just because its newer and better!!!

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 107
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 5/5/2006 6:18:06 AM   
watever

quote:

ORIGINAL: MP3Mogul

FOR THE PEOPLE HAVING PROBLEMS:

Could you download this plugin file and see if it helps?  If you choose to download, PLEASE post back and let us know if it resolves your issues....

Thank you.

You can download the file here.

my nero 6 used to make my audio cds skip until i used ur plugin. Well i reformatted my hd and reinstalled and now it skips again. Can u please post a new link to this plugin as this link doesnt work anymore. THANKS

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 108
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 5/7/2006 3:03:26 AM   
sylenss

Sup all,

I downloaded the mp3pro.dll but it fixed it.....i would say 85%, the last cd i burned had 8 tracks just to test it out, well a few of the tracks still skipped, quite a few times and the weirdest thing was listening to the last track...it seemed like it burned it in fast forward motion.  Like i said replacing the mp3pro.dll did fix it to a certain extent but not to it's fullest, has anyone experienced something like this after replacing the file? if not does anyone know what could be wrong and how to fix this?

Thanks.

(in reply to tqhoang)
Post #: 109
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 5/7/2006 3:12:42 PM   
MP3Mogul

I have "REPOSTED" the plugins pack for Nero for all of those that were having problems.

Please be aware, this worked for many, but "NOT FOR ALL"

You can try it, perhaps it will work for you if you are having problems.  It is a self installer.

You can download it here

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to sylenss)
Post #: 110
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 5/8/2006 6:58:39 PM   
w1z4rd

Mogul, in one of your posts you replied

"I downloaded the same file... 320bit rate

I converted to wave, plays fine, no skips, then I converted it to EVERY format
listed in Nero encoder, and each and every one plays fine. 

I have the mp3pro.dll installed version 2.0.5.1 (latest)."
  Would you be so kind as to tell me if you converted then burned or just dragged mp3's to an audio comp. and then burned as audio cd. The problem occurs for most people if they set up and audio comp, select mp3's and let nero convert to .wav as it burns.  Myself I have noticed its really bad if the mp3's being burned as wav are vbr. And dropping to an older mp3pro.dll did fix all the skipping. It's not a small problem by a few users either, not to be argumentative, but google Nero audio skipping and look at all the topics on it. Not small by my standards.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 111
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 5/9/2006 5:59:33 AM   
MP3Mogul

I've done it both ways as you describe, neither causes problems.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to w1z4rd)
Post #: 112
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI