CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1705 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 [10] 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 8/4/2006 7:16:01 AM   
robburne

I had read all of the thread, which was how I knew to try copying the older version of the dll into the plug-in directory! I am not sure why you sre so defensive regarding this issue, I did not say that Nero does not wok 'across the board', just that very clearly there is an issue that needs to be addressed.

My setup consisted of a brand new out of the box hard drive, a fresh install of XP and Nero 7 which caused skipping when burning audio. If you choose to turn a blind eye and ignore the proble just because you are not experiencing it that's your choice but like you said check the thread and there are many users experiencing the problem!

Thanks,

Rob.

(in reply to younso)
Post #: 145
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 8/4/2006 7:35:47 AM   
SithTracy

Well, I'm certain MP3Mogul is  not defending  Nero, just pointing out the obvious ...  Which is all we know and all we can guess.  Historically, Nero has been a solid product and they have been quick to work out issues people had.  I don't see that happening as quickly with the version 7 package.  While I don't have the MP3  problems, I have had constant issues with Vision

With past versions, Nero seemed to release an update every month.  I'm not seeing that with the  version 7 package.  It seems to be taking a bit longer.  Not sure why and I'm not going to speculate.  I only know they are offering more in the package now and it is a little bloated.  But  for me, Nero Burning ROM still works and I have another computer running an older version of Vision.  Like you, I am waiting for the bugs to be worked out, but if burning MP3's is what you want to do, there are other options.... iTunes is pretty good at it and MediaMonkey is not too bad... and they are both free.

(in reply to robburne)
Post #: 146
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 8/4/2006 8:13:55 PM   
MP3Mogul

quote:

ORIGINAL: MP3Mogul

If you would read the entire thread, you would see that only some users have this problem, while others have no problems at all.  I am certain there is a hardware compatability issue somewhere, although it seems as Nero has not found it quite yet.

I don't see anything defensive about the above post!  The wording of your post lead me to think that you scanned the topic title and had not read.  I was merely interating that some people have the problem, others don't.  I also stated that it appears to be a hardware compatability issue, and that Nero has not found it yet.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 147
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 8/5/2006 6:14:44 PM   
lobstaman

So far the new version of nero 7 has solved the audio skipping issues for me. Tested 3 songs that I knew skipped for sure and they were fine.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 148
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 8/10/2006 6:07:59 AM   
Lardy

I agree with robburne, MP3Mogul you were being defensive. If a few people are having a problem with Nero 7, I would suggest that is a few too many. So chill, and just admit that Nero is having a few issues.

(in reply to lobstaman)
Post #: 149
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 9/13/2006 2:50:10 AM   
Lardy

I have just updated my Nero Premium to version 7.2.7.0 (mp3PRO.dll 2.0.5.3) and the skipping problem returned. The usual process of overwriting mp3PRO.dll with version 2.0.4.7 fixed the issue.

(in reply to Lardy)
Post #: 150
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 9/13/2006 5:35:14 PM   
MP3Mogul

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lardy

I agree with robburne, MP3Mogul you were being defensive. If a few people are having a problem with Nero 7, I would suggest that is a few too many. So chill, and just admit that Nero is having a few issues.

A few people will have problems with "ANY" software product they install.

As far as defending Nero, yeah I will, because people seem to cry and complain about everything these days.  As I have stated MANY MANY MANY times, some people have had this problem, but for everyone that has the problem a thousand do not have the problem, so its pretty limited as far as one is concerned, considering how many pieces of Nero's software is out there.   Nero is a great product!  You won't find hardly ANY software products that release updates on a regular basis like the fine folks at Nero.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to Lardy)
Post #: 151
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 9/14/2006 7:17:11 AM   
grahamleggat

I am another of those people who are SUPPOSED to be in the minority. I agree with robburne.  This is a NERO issue and people are getting fed up by others defending this bug or saying well "I have no problem it must be your hardware etc etc".

I agree that Nero is a great product and have used it for years BUT we're having problems with it at the moment. So lets sort it out and stop making excuses for it.

My nephew has downgraded from 7 to version 6 and he says its fine now, I have 7.2.3.2 with mp3pro v 2.0.5.3 and it skips certain mp3's.

I replaced the 4 files mentioned earlier (thanks to those who posted the files) with v2.0.0.11 and its OK.

So, if all other burning software burns mp3's OK (inc Nero 6) and we replace these files and it works, then its got to be a bug with this DLL !! Its not a hardware problem otherwise people would get problems with other burning software.

Now, what I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is the fact that it could be a combination of certain MP3's and this DLL that is the cause and thats why some don't have a problem and others do.

I didn't have problems with MP3s I ripped from my own CDs using CDex/Lame and I did on some I'd downloaded; this gave me a clue. I've checked those that don't and those that do skip and I think it could be to do with VBR and CBR encoding, perhaps the DLL has a bug with Variable Bit Rates?????

What do you all think? 

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 152
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 9/14/2006 7:21:02 AM   
grahamleggat

Oh I forgot to mention.

Those MP3's that were skipping, I had to converted them to WAV and back to MP3 at 128 CBR (my default settings) for Nero to burn them OK.

Another clue maybe?

(in reply to grahamleggat)
Post #: 153
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 9/14/2006 7:31:18 AM   
grahamleggat

OK people, I think I've found the problem.

I reverted the DLLs back and played a VBR file and a CBR file within NERO.

The VBR skipped and the CBR didn't.

Put the older working DLLs back and the skippings gone.

Hope this helps to solve it once and for all.

Cheers

Post #: 154
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 9/18/2006 10:10:18 PM   
Lardy

For me the skipping occurs with CBR files as well.

Post #: 155
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 9/19/2006 1:30:37 PM   
MP3Mogul

Anyone try with the latest release of Nero 7.5.1.1?

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to Clint)
Post #: 156
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 9/21/2006 4:12:50 AM   
Lardy

YES, YES, YES!!!

I have just upgraded Nero Premium to 7.5.1.1 (mp3PRO.dll 2.0.5.3) and all is well. The skipping problem with MP3's has been fixed for me.

No hard feelings I hope MP3Mogul, I know you were just trying to help, but the frustration was getting to me.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 157
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 9/21/2006 1:20:54 PM   
MP3Mogul

Great!  Glad that it worked for you.

Anyone else that "WAS" having problems can you please comment???

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to Lardy)
Post #: 158
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 10/16/2006 11:14:47 AM   
deadhead

I have skipping issues with nero 6.0 I thought it was a hardware issue until i found this forum this interests me would someone please recomend another buring software instead of using nero

(in reply to Clint)
Post #: 159
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 10/16/2006 2:01:26 PM   
SithTracy

Well, I still like Nero as an overall program, but for audio I have always used Goldenhawk CDRWIN.  I would normally recommend that, but I am starting to wonder about the future of that product.  Another that works is ONES.  My technically challenged parents are off and running with ONES and find i easy to use.  I don't think it's too bad myself.

If Audio CD's are all you are looking to do, you have iTunes and MediaMonkey... those are free.  Easy-CDDA isn't too bad either, but it has a fee.

(in reply to deadhead)
Post #: 160
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 9 [10] 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 [10] 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI