CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

audio cd skipping with Nero 7   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1438 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> audio cd skipping with Nero 7 Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 11/16/2005 5:21:59 PM   
younso

I have the retail Nero 7 and though all my dvd films and data dvds are fine I have noticed that my audio cds have skips every now and then. I have just burned an audio cd with Easy CD-DA Extractor and that was fine. I also reinstalled Nero Reloaded 6.6.0.13 and that also works fine. In other words it is not the burner but rather the software. Any idea if the update for Nero 7 solves this? What does the update actually do?

Kal

< Message edited by younso -- 11/16/2005 5:54:15 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 11/16/2005 6:28:43 PM   
SithTracy

I'll burn an audio CD later and see how it goes and post back... Can't believe I haven't done that yet with Nero7!!!  Anyway, I've heard they have an update planned for early December.

In the meantime, defrag your hard disc and post back with some details on your burner and system.

(in reply to younso)
Post #: 2
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 11/16/2005 7:20:39 PM   
younso

I have Pro XP wth SP2 installed and a NEC-1300A burner.
But as I said everything is fine with another program and even an older Nero, so I still think Nero 7 is the culprit.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 11/16/2005 7:59:31 PM   
SithTracy

I just burned one with a mix of mp3 and wav files...  Burned it on my BenQ DW1640 (didn't want to use the Plextor PX-716A because it's unfair to compare that to an NEC) at 24x.  Files were extracted using Nero (not sure how you are doing it)... Burned to a Verbatim CD-R using an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe w/ AMD Athlon 64 3500+ and 1GB RAM.  So far, so good.  Even did some web browsing during the burn.

Current playback is on an old junker portable CD player (pre CD-R certification - probably got it in 1992).  No skips.  I'm 14 tracks into the 17 that I burned.

No problems here - rockin' away!

Perhaps you might want to update your firmware, slow down the burning speed, turn off your virus scanner...  Anyone else want to chime in?

(in reply to younso)
Post #: 4
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 11/17/2005 3:13:51 AM   
younso

Thanks for the help. Since Nero 6.6 seems to work fine I going to put it down to my Nero 7. When I create an audio cd I just drag the mp3 files into Nero and let it convert the files. I do not have a virus program and I burn the cd's at 8x, so....

< Message edited by younso -- 11/17/2005 3:28:57 AM >

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 5
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 11/17/2005 4:34:36 PM   
MP3Mogul

I haven't seen this problem in "any" version of nero, be it Nero 6 or 7, and I can "certify" that I burn HUGE amounts of audio CD's regularly.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to younso)
Post #: 6
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 11/22/2005 5:47:43 AM   
Logan

There is only one fix and it has nothing to do with drive firmware, motherboard drivers, media type etc.

The problem is a single file, 'mp3PRO.dll' which you'll find in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\AudioPlugins\

The version that comes with Nero 7 is 2.0.5.0 and for whatever reason, its faulty. If you have Nero 6 still, on the CD goto the following directory:

G:\Nero 6 Ultra Edition\Common Files\AudioPlugins\

(Where G:\ is your CD drive) and inside you'll find 'mp3PRO.dll' version 2.0.0.6. Copy this to:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\AudioPlugins\

And overwrite (backup first just in case you need to revert back for whatever reason) the one already in there.

Guaranteed this will solve all your problems with audio CD's skipping. Its a temporary fix hopefully, till Nero can sort it properly.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 7
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 11/22/2005 6:20:30 AM   
younso

But this is for converting to mp3pro I thought? What has this got to do with regular mp3's?

(in reply to Logan)
Post #: 8
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 11/22/2005 7:25:12 AM   
Logan

quote:

ORIGINAL: younso

But this is for converting to mp3pro I thought? What has this got to do with regular mp3's?

Question it all you like mate, I did it, and it worked fine for me. I can now burn CD's from MP3's and they don't skip ;)

< Message edited by Logan -- 11/22/2005 7:31:40 AM >

(in reply to younso)
Post #: 9
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 11/22/2005 12:23:17 PM   
younso

Fir enough, it is worth a try.

(in reply to Logan)
Post #: 10
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 11/22/2005 6:08:03 PM   
MP3Mogul

Has absolutely nothing to do with Audio CD's skipping. 

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to younso)
Post #: 11
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 11/22/2005 8:40:35 PM   
igorba

No idea how to solve it (apart from downgrading), but I can confirm the problem with Nero 7. Burned two CDs, different burners, different media (TY and Ritek), background work-no background work, the result was the same - skipping audio CDs. I also burned a few discs for my friend and he didn't complain so far, so it's possible that this doesn't happen all the time with Nero 7. But there's got to be a catch...

AXP Barton 2500+@2.0 GHz
EpoX 8RDA3+ (nForce2 Ultra 400)
1 GB (2×512MB) Geil DDR400 RAM
GeForce 6600GT 128MB
Seagate 250 GB SATA + Seagate 80 GB SATA
AOpen DVD1648/AAP Pro (16x DVD-ROM)
LG GSA-4163B (16x DVD÷RW)
BenQ DW-1640 (16x DVD÷RW)

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 12
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 11/23/2005 6:09:48 AM   
MP3Mogul

I've burned now over 300 audio CD's with Nero 7, and not a problem with any of them.  I think perhaps this is a driver problem on your system.  Perhaps a driver doesn't like Nero 7...... not sure, but I've had absolutely no problem, I've been using Nero 7 for quite some time.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to igorba)
Post #: 13
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 11/25/2005 4:24:50 PM   
Thorney

Thank you Logan for visiting forums with a working solution for those of us affected. You are a good netizen. As you can see he's been busy :)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=nero+7+audio+cd+skipping&btnG=Search

I registered here to confirm there is indeed a skipping problem caused by mp3PRO.dll shipping with Nero 7. Out of the box I had version 2.0.4.8 installed. The latest update installs version 2.0.5.0. The new one causes skips too. As noted elsewhere, you can burn audio tracks to a Nero virtual image, mount the image, play it in any media player and the skipping is present. As noted elsewhere, you can burn the same track in different Nero sessions and both copies will have identical length skips occupying the exact same positions in the track. This seems to eliminate hardware, system configurations and system stability as the source of the problem.

I can replace mp3PRO.dll with the last version from Nero 6.x or a quite older version that was provided with Syntrillium Cool Edit Pro. Neither produces skips! Waiting for acknowledgement and proper fix from Nero.

I have no doubt that for some users and their systems there are no problems, that does not mean and never should mean its impossible for anyone else to be having problems - and otherwise have correctly configured functioning software and hardware.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 14
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 11/26/2005 11:20:44 AM   
MP3Mogul

I have no doubt that for some users and their systems there are no problems, that does not mean and never should mean its impossible for anyone else to be having problems - and otherwise have correctly configured functioning software and hardware

This is why I clearly indicated that it seemed like a driver issue.  When you have a piece of software that is utilized by so many different configurations, both hardware and software it is "impossible" to not have an issue with some.  This is why Nero releases regular updates for known/reported issues. 

Sometimes changing a .dll file (as indicated above) will cause further issues down the road, and it is best to wait for another release, or downgrade the version to a known working release before.  Perhaps the problem was with a driver on your board, or a windows driver, or audio driver, until the issue is resolved we won't really know.

While you have found a "work-around" this could only be temporary, and not resolve the issue permanently, and as indicated above, could further complicate your system, since we don't "really know" where the issue lies.  As indicated, it has only affected some systems, while others have not had a problem. 

I further tried to duplicate your issue, by both running upgrades from Nero 6 to Nero 7, and also doing a clean install, and could not duplicate your issue.  Also, when upgrading from the retail "boxed" edition to the current release, I could not duplicate it, nor doing a clean install of the current release.  This furthers my theory that it is merely a driver issue on some systems, as indicated in my previous post.

Good luck, I'm sure it will be resolved in a future release of a driver from either Nero or a driver for your hardware/software installed on your system.

Nero Technical support regularly visits the forum, and perhaps may choose to make a comment on your findings, we will have to wait and see.  Further, I have emailed Nero as well, to see if they are aware of the situation.

< Message edited by MP3Mogul -- 11/26/2005 11:27:51 AM >

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to Thorney)
Post #: 15
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 11/26/2005 12:35:47 PM   
Clint

Hmmm, I'll be on the look out for this mp3PRO.dll fault when I install the Nero 7 Ultra Edition suite on my systems this coming week...

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> audio cd skipping with Nero 7 Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI