CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Gamecube   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1464 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> Gamecube Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gamecube - 11/13/2003 4:16:45 AM   
pnonso

I know this is the wrong section...[}:)] but I did not see any sections on gamecube, and nobody is really posting anything about x box[xx(]! I was just wondering:is it possible to copy gamecube games? I was thinking of getting one, now that the gamecube costs 99$. I have heard that it is not possible[:0] to copy the games... any of you know? Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Gamecube - 11/13/2003 9:06:11 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

That's a difficult question! Last I heard, nobody had been able to make a working image file of a gamecube game, so far they are always filled with "dummy data". It is possible you will see a similar situation to the dreamcast, where specially modified hardware is able to make a working image which can be burned onto regular discs. However, even if working images ARE created, it is VERY difficult to get a ahold of the 8cm DVD-Rs to make the actual game backups... In the end, I don't think people will be able to make copies of their games very easily, even under ideal conditions!

Sorry there is no proper section for this sort of question!

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to pnonso)
Post #: 2
RE: Gamecube - 11/13/2003 11:40:33 AM   
Jimmys

Hello
I read once on a friends house a topic about how to backup gamecube games.
As Dolphinius_Rex said you need a spcecific hardware
For the Gamecub games you need a specific writer to and a specific recording software that is only compatible with that specific writer.
The software was a simple interface one ,like the cdrwin but we weren't able to test it because we didn't have the hardware.
I am sorry but i don't know any other details about the specific topic [V]

(in reply to pnonso)
Post #: 3
RE: Gamecube - 11/14/2003 5:32:22 AM   
pnonso

The GC games are DVD based-right? So, all you would need to do is burn it with a DVD burner and somehow get rid of the dummy files? Or, maybe there is a mod chip for it? I have heard that there is a space of blank information on GC games, and when you go to copy the information your burner writes in the place where it is supposed to be blank, so the GC will not read it. Maybe someone will make a program that will make it so your burner doesnt fill up that space? Oh well. I heard that that technology was 3 years away...[B)]

(in reply to pnonso)
Post #: 4
RE: Gamecube - 11/14/2003 11:45:44 AM   
Jimmys

The gamecube console use 3" mini disk(propably to foil pirates) dvd's and that disks cannot be written with a usual writer.
That's why i post before that you need a specific writer and a specific software

(in reply to pnonso)
Post #: 5
RE: Gamecube - 11/14/2003 5:17:57 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

And what *I* meant was that when you try to rip a gamecube disc is only a dummy file, with no actual game content, since the DVD-ROM/DVD-RW drive cannot actually read the data from the disc properly.

No the technology is not 3 years away, we have it now. SOMEONE is making gamecube games obviously, but reproduction of them is not something an average person will be likely to do very easily, however it is possible even now.

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to pnonso)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> Gamecube Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote