BenQ today (Sep. 02) has released a new firmware for its DW1620 Pro DVD ReWriter.
It has been for about five months since the last firmware for this DVD ReWriter.
Below outlines the changes in this firmware release:
1. Modified the writing strategy for Ricoh 2.4x DVD+R DL media.
2. Improved the writing quality for MBI 16x DVD-R & Ricoh 8x DVD+R media.
3. Supported FTI 16x DVD+R & DVD-R media.
4. Improved the reading performance for CD-R & CD-ROM discs.
5. Modified the algorithm for 16x writing speed.
You may get the official firmware release from BenQ's website in this URL.
Have fun and enjoy.