CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

How to update NEC 3500A that can't be found by NEC .exe   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1353 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> NEC >> How to update NEC 3500A that can't be found by NEC .exe Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to update NEC 3500A that can't be found by NEC .exe - 8/25/2005 3:52:32 PM   
RoyU

I finally had a reason to try burning a DL DVD (have burned many regular DVDs no problem). Not knowing much, I bought Memorex DL media, which I now realize, thanks to VSO inspector, is Ritek. When I tried to burn a DL disc , CopytoDVD gave me this error:

Write error at 0(16) - Code 05 30 05 [Illegal request, Cannot write medium, Incompatible format]

Also using VSO inspector, I determined that the firmware of my NEC 3500A is 2.07, and from reading this forum I'm guessing that version does not support Ritek DL media. So I thought I would update the firmware to the current 2.1A, but when I run the NEC .exe updater I get this message:

Target NEC-3500A is not found correctly

I don't understand why the .exe can't find the 3500A - certainly Windows and every other program I use knows it is there. The 3500A is installed (I think) as the slave drive on my second IDE connector, after a Plextor CDRW drive. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can do this upgrade? I know there are other installers which I haven't tried because they seem to need .bin files and I haven't found where to get the NEC firmware in that form.
Post #: 1
RE: How to update NEC 3500A that can't be found by NEC ... - 8/25/2005 5:37:51 PM   
RoyU

Well, I tried the Binflash Windows flasher and "discovered" it can flash using an .exe file, so I did that and it worked just fine. Then I tried burning again and it went smoothly (at 2.4x it took about 40 minutes) and even better the DVD plays in both my players! Even though I figured it out before anyone replied, thanks to those who have posted in the past because everything I needed to know I found here. Great site!

(in reply to RoyU)
Post #: 2
RE: How to update NEC 3500A that can't be found by NEC ... - 8/26/2005 3:35:53 AM   
emperor

RoyU thanks for letting us know of your solved issue

(in reply to RoyU)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> NEC >> How to update NEC 3500A that can't be found by NEC .exe Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI