CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

LG GCE-8160B Flash error-dead drive   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1427 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> LG GCE-8160B Flash error-dead drive Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LG GCE-8160B Flash error-dead drive - 8/22/2003 1:02:10 AM   
dumbfounded

Whilst flashing my LG 8160B CD-RW's Firmware I got an I/O read error from the floppy at 50% and now my drive is useless.

I have read all about MTKFLASH and have tried the following:

MTKFLASH 3 W JE1LG912.HEX and I get;

Flash Type: (ATMEL-something)

Erasing 00%
Erasing 00%
Erasing 00%
Erasing 00%
Erasing 00%
Erasing 00%
Erasing 00%
Erasing 00%
Erasing 00%
Erasing 00%
ERR: Unable to erase flash!

I have tried MTKFLASH 3 SW JE1LG912.HEX and it erases, updates bank0 and says "Bank0 Ok!" It does the same for Bank1 but after Erasing Bank2 it reports "ERR:Unable to Verify Flash!" It does the same exact thing if I try the /sst or /st switches. The GCE 8160B is listed specifically as one supported by MTKFLASH.

I tried MTKWINFLASH in the IDE mode and I get "ERR: Unable to detect flash type!"

The floppy I have used checks out A OK. I have switched the drive to Secondary Slave, same result. Doing the check only and unlock option with MTKFLASH I get flashtype as ATMEL-something or other. LG's own JE1-JE4 software doesn't work. I know a new drive is not expensive but I hate knowing that I ruined a perfectly fine drive through stupidity! Help!
Post #: 1
RE: LG GCE-8160B Flash error-dead drive - 8/22/2003 3:43:25 AM   
dumbfounded

SUCESS!! I took the drive out and put it in my old Windows XP Home Edition PC and ran MTKWinFlash and it worked. The DOS MTKFLASH did not work however and gave me the same problem. My drive is working again. No more excuse to buy a new, better drive tho Oh well, I may spend the money anyway and give this drive to a friend.

(in reply to dumbfounded)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> LG GCE-8160B Flash error-dead drive Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI