CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Plextor sues PXlinux & PXscan developers!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 936 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Plextor sues PXlinux & PXscan developers! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Plextor sues PXlinux & PXscan developers! - 7/22/2005 8:40:01 PM   
dane1

May I suggest to their lawyers -> (if anyone knows them, pass this on.. )

To be sued by Plextor while Plextor refuses to support Linux, is construed in E.C. as anti-competitive trade practice. As such, the act of suing to restrain in trade, while refraining intentionally from offering a clone of the application in Linux, constitutes a serious offense.

This is a misuse of the legal system to "Boycott" Linux, obviously could include secret advance information from M.S. to help Plextor illegally in the market. There obviously is a reason for a hardware / software house to REFUSE to support Linux; followed by "legal" attacks on anyone who dares give support to Linux and thus pose a risk to that famous violator of law & fair trade -> Microsoft. 

The richest man in the world grasps strongly on his position. Justice must be served on both. A legal attack on these grounds (probably seriously fine tuned by real lawyers), would be a very famous case. Well worth a powerful law firm's attention and serious consideration.

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 17
RE: Plextor sues PXlinux & PXscan developers! - 7/25/2005 5:33:54 AM   
emperor

i don't know of any progress of this subject, maybe Alexnoe can give us more news

(in reply to dane1)
Post #: 18
RE: Plextor sues PXlinux & PXscan developers! - 12/28/2005 6:59:04 PM   
alexnoe

Yep, I can: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=160680 , though it's kinda bad news

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 19
RE: Plextor sues PXlinux & PXscan developers! - 1/5/2006 4:03:22 AM   
emperor

So i guess they tried again to lock the Q-Check features of the new drives, not a favorite move, but you cannot blame them for trying to "protect" the sales of XL software

(in reply to alexnoe)
Post #: 20
RE: Plextor sues PXlinux & PXscan developers! - 1/5/2006 9:19:15 PM   
DrageMester

quote:

ORIGINAL: emperor

So i guess they tried again to lock the Q-Check features of the new drives, not a favorite move, but you cannot blame them for trying to "protect" the sales of XL software

I don't blame them for wanting me to buy their software, but I sure can blame them for trying to force it upon me by deliberately making their hardware incompatible with competing or free software!

They are deliberately preventing one of the most useful features of the Plextor drives, which means that I would not be able to use the new PX-755 in the same way I'm using my current PX-712.

They are taking away my options with the new drive in order to force me to buy their additional software. But instead I will probably just take away my cash and not buy this drive unless Alex NoƩ finds a way to make PxScan work with this drive.

I'm not giving Plextor my money for their hardware so that they can deliberately tie me in to their software! If my PX-712 died tomorrow I might choose to buy the PX-716 even though it is older and more expensive than the PX-755, or jump ship and buy a BenQ 1650/1655 instead; BenQ is not deliberately trying to reduce the options of their customers or trying to force us to buy additional software!

I wouldn't blame Plextor if they tried charging $1000 for their drive, that would be an honest but incredibly stupid decision, but I do blame them for tactics like this!

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 21
RE: Plextor sues PXlinux & PXscan developers! - 1/16/2006 4:01:53 AM   
emperor

Yes not good marketing moves from Plextor, they should try to innovate users not to block them

(in reply to DrageMester)
Post #: 22
RE: Plextor sues PXlinux & PXscan developers! - 1/22/2006 8:42:02 AM   
alexnoe

quote:

This is a misuse of the legal system to "Boycott" Linux, obviously could include secret advance information from M.S. to help Plextor illegally in the market. There obviously is a reason for a hardware / software house to REFUSE to support Linux; followed by "legal" attacks on anyone who dares give support to Linux and thus pose a risk to that famous violator of law & fair trade -> Microsoft.

Did anyone notice that the PX-755 is kinda missing?

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 23
RE: Plextor sues PXlinux & PXscan developers! - 1/31/2006 4:08:06 AM   
emperor

Hmm maybe Plextor won't sell PX-755A to the states?

(in reply to alexnoe)
Post #: 24
RE: Plextor sues PXlinux & PXscan developers! - 7/20/2006 8:34:39 AM   
Xyrium

Plextor, like many other manufacturers who have outsourced their manufacturing to China has the unbelieveable gall to charge us the same price for items that they are now saving 50% of their wages on. THere's a certain amount of profit to be had by this practice, but it's insulting when it's this much! Go Linux developers!

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 25
RE: Plextor sues PXlinux & PXscan developers! - 7/20/2006 6:37:11 PM   
MP3Mogul

Not sure, but they sell the 755SA in the sates, as I purchased one.  Might I add, that I absolutely love the drive.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Xyrium)
Post #: 26
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Plextor sues PXlinux & PXscan developers! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI